"Best" discount question

ChasingLeslie

DIS Veteran
I am thinking of taking the kids out of school for a mini-trip in late Feb/early March 2018 before DS turns 10 and becomes a "Disney adult."

I've never traveled at this time of year, so I'm not sure what the best discount would be. We are going this July and Bounce Back offers probably won't be out yet, but we could upgrade to annual pass(es) to save on tickets and get an AP room rate.

I looked at Mousesavers Historical Discounts and this year there was a Stay/Play/Dine offer and an extra % room discount for AP holders. Thoughts on the better deal...? We do like the DDP (character meals!), but could skip it. Any opinions appreciated! :hyper2:

I'm in a similar situation, similar in that we are going this December, our last trip was this past September, and I can't handle only going once a year from here on out :P. So I've been trying to price out different scenarios to see what would be the most affordable. I think doing annual passes, going when there are room discounts, and using tables in wonderland will be cheapest for us. We also like the dining plan, and I checked prices for free dining, adding the dining plan, and using TiW, and TiW has a slight advantage of a couple hundred. Not to mention the discount also goes towards alcoholic beverages. And I will be splitting the cost with my sister, so a different pot of money, so to speak, rather than footing the whole bill. It's looking like this is what will be best for my family, but I'd love to hear what others have to share!

The end of February/beginning of March can be a good time to go...if the holidays and Half Princess Marathon are evenly spread out and don't bring in too many crowds - which decreases inventory of rooms available for discounts like Stay/Play/Dine (SPD) and AP, etc.
This past Feb/Mar we had a hard time getting discounts - we needed five rooms for extended family. A late AP discount offer came out a couple of months before, and we were able to finally get a decent rate on room only.
In Feb 2018, it looks some of the events that could cause heavier crowds at Disney might be in your favor for a better rate in late Feb/early March. Mardi Gras: (brings in folks vacationing to Disney, who leave N.O. during their M.G. break) is Feb 13th, 2018 (this past year it was Feb 28th, when we were there). Presidents Day: (many New England school vacationers flock to Disney for the week) is Feb 19th, 2018. Then the Half princess Marathon, which is the last weekend of Feb, also increases crowds.
If you have flexibility, arriving sometime around Feb. 25 or 26, and leaving before spring break crowds (second week of March) may work in your favor for getting good room rate AND less crowded park touring.
Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter