Best Drinking Spots / Nighttime Entertainment

eric1985

Mouseketeer
What are you opinions for the best bars at Disney World? Not having kids yet and working third shift, sometimes we keep our strange hours even when we're at Disney and like to stay out late.

5. The Wave (Contemporary)
The first time we stayed at Bay Lake Tower we were so excited to check out Top of the World lounge for DVC members. When we got there, the bartender was less than talkative and we felt out of place. After one drink we retreated to The Wave which is on the bottom level of The Contemporary. There's plenty of seating and it's relatively quiet. We've run into the same bartender a couple of times there, Bo, and he has us laughing and enjoying ourselves instantly.

4. Belle Vue Lounge (Boardwalk)
We're definitely fans of the Boardwalk resort despite our home DVC being Polynesian. The Belle Vue Lounge is the hotel bar. It's nothing fancy, but is surprisingly relaxing and not usually crowded. It reminds me of a living room in a summer beach house. There's light old music that reminds you of Louis Armstrong playing his trumpet. The seating is spread out and comfortable so you can converse with family and friends. You can also go out on the outside balcony and look over the Boardwalk area. During the Christmas season there if often a choir in the courtyard that you can listen too while they sings Christmas carols.

3. The Boathouse (Disney Springs)
There's a little dock that extends into the water beyond the Boathouse at Disney Springs. It's relaxed, not too crowded and the view is nice. You can look at Disney Springs from the water at night and see it all lit up. It's very relaxing and of course no park admission required because it's Disney Springs.

2. Trader Sam's (Polynesian)
I think the secret is out on this place and finding a seat here can be a challenge especially on the weekends. But if you have a random weeknight free, the bar is cleverly themed and the wait staff plays the part. Drinks are pricey, so I wouldn't stay all night, but definitely a neat place to have a couple of mixed drinks.

1. Jelly Rolls (Boardwalk)
Despite its $12 cover charge, we've been here on days when we don't have park tickets for the day. There are four people that alternate playing two grand piano's on stage and they take song requests. It's a great time and everyone has fun. They only serve drinks and popcorn, no food. A couple of times we were staying at the Boardwalk anyway so it makes it easy for the stumble back to the room at 2:00am. Otherwise there isn't usually Disney transportation at this hour and you'll have to cab it back to other resorts, but for $24 per couple and a $15 cab ride, it's a fairly in expensive night. The entertainment by far makes this place my favorite.

Honorable Mention

Mizner's Lounge (Grand Floridian)

If you're headed around the monorail loop and have some extra time, stop at Mizner's Lounge around 5:00pm. They have a house band that plays to the lobby of the hotel. They play classic Disney movie songs and other swing favorites.

Back in January, my sister and I arrived at MK around 11pm. We were hungry, but there's very little options open that late. We decided to go to Raglan Road. We had a blast sitting outside and listening to the live music. Highly recommend it .

Raglan Road is by far my number one, though I also do enjoy the bar at STK for classy cocktails (...and an order of truffle fries).

Stayed at the Contemporary last week for the first time and LOVED it--we also thoroughly enjoyed the Wave lounge and Bo!

Raglan Road is by far my number one, though I also do enjoy the bar at STK for classy cocktails (...and an order of truffle fries).

Stayed at the Contemporary last week for the first time and LOVED it--we also thoroughly enjoyed the Wave lounge and Bo!

No way you saw Bo?!? And I'll also second Raglan Road. We've also been there and had a nice time. I enjoyed the Irish music and entertainment.

No way you saw Bo?!? And I'll also second Raglan Road. We've also been there and had a nice time. I enjoyed the Irish music and entertainment.
Yup! We stayed four nights and hit the lounge twice. He was there both times and is a great bartender!

We enjoyed the Bellevue Lounge at the Boardwalk on our one night stay last year. We had a nice conversation with Tim the bartender.

We love Disney Springs, there are so many options with the expansion. Homecomin is one of our favorites! The boathouse looks like it could be fun too but we never been.

If I remember correctly, the bar at Port Orleans French quarter used to have live jazz music some nights...? We love the Polynesian too, even the bar upstairs off of Ohana has fun tropical drinks and a good view. Our biggest worry with hotel hopping late at night is that we could miss transportation back to our hotel :(

I thought this thread would be more popular. Maybe it will make the best and worst show. These are my least favorites, in no particular order.

The Edison
Despite it's neatly themed atmosphere, we went during one of its soft opening days earlier this year. We went after 9:00pm when it becomes a 21 and up bar only. Maybe the doorman was having a bad day or just sick of answering the same questions, but he was not friendly at all. On top of that, he inspected my identification for about 30 seconds as if I had a fake ID at my age. When we finally got in, it was beyond crowded. There was nowhere to sit and it was shoulder to should inside. I wasn't about to fight the crowd at the bar to try to get us drinks. Nobody came over to help us and we left within a half hour.

Top of the World Lounge
Also based on one experience, being DVC members we wanted to take advantage of being able to have access to this area. It does have a great view of the Magic Kingdom, however we weren't there during the fireworks. The lounge was filled with people that were dressed up and I would say a lot classier then myself and the Mrs. The bartender wasn't very talkative, nor was anyone else. We had the one drink and headed to The Wave in the Contemporary where we had a blast.

....and those are the only two I can honestly say I've had bad experiences at. I think that both rest on their reputations. The Edison for its theming and Top of the World for its view. Both of these picks are only based on once experience at each however.

Yup! We stayed four nights and hit the lounge twice. He was there both times and is a great bartender!

He definitely is a great bartender. We've run into him a few times and he always remembers our faces despite us only being down there once a year.

I always enjoy the bars at the resort where we are staying. I’d been to Pleasure Island back in the day and coming back on the bus late half lit was a little scary.

When we stayed at CSR in 2012, we enjoyed hanging out at Rix. It was open till 2:00 AM which is like after hours at Disney.

It wasn’t open as late, but we enjoyed the River Roost with Yeeha Bob at POR.

There was a place in the French Quarter with a one man band guy that was really fun. Scat Cat’s Lounge, I think it was called. My son was 4 when we stayed there and slept in his stroller while we put down an order of wings and a pitcher of beer.

Question: Heading down this summer with dd and her friend, newly minted 21 year olds. They would like a place that has dancing. Any suggestions? The website notes live entertainment, but not dance floors.

Thanks!

Question: Heading down this summer with dd and her friend, newly minted 21 year olds. They would like a place that has dancing. Any suggestions? The website notes live entertainment, but not dance floors.

Thanks!

Well.....there is the Atlantic Dance Hall at the Boardwalk which has a DJ. I wouldn't call it exciting though, I've never seen it packed. The Edison has music in the fashion of Postmodern Jukebox. Sometimes old songs, and sometimes new songs played big band style. The Edison is usually packed, and while the music and theming are awesome, my one experience there was not.

Thanks!

The boardwalk has the dance hall but I agree with Eric, I’ve never seen it busy or crowded. I would suggest trying to focus on an area (downtown Disney or Boardwalk) so if they’re disappointed with the dance options, there’s at least something else to do/somewhere to go so it’s not a wasted night.

we love mizners!! Sitting back with a martini and listening to the band before heading out for dinner is fantastic. 23 days.

I'm not sure if there a ton of dance places at Disney. Live entertainment yes. I'd say Disney Springs would be the best for the nightlife. I always enjoy hopping around the different bars in the Boardwalk area. Jellyrolls, ESPN Club, the bars at the Swan and Dolphin Hotels....

We have done raglan road Atlantic dance hall and jelly rolls

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter