Best DVC resort for Resort Only Stay?

We have stayed at both OKW and SSR in the past and didn’t visit the parks.

The most recent was SSR in 2016. My sons were 16, 18 and 22 at the time, so the proximity to Disney Springs made it the perfect resort. Plenty of space to wonder around from pool to pool, basketball court and bike rentals.

We stayed in Congress Park in the building closest to the walkway to DS.
But you can also take a boat from the bridge over there to the other side of DS. That made it easy to get to the movies or to go bowling.

So much to do or do nothing and just chill around the resort. Both times we stayed and didn’t go to the parks we visited Vero Beach after our stay at WDW. That makes it a really nice non park trip to Florida.

In 2014 when we stayed at OKW, we also did a 3 night DCL cruise after VB. That was a fun time, OKW 3 nights, VB 4 Nights, 3 night cruise on the Magic and than back to OKW for one night after the cruise before flying home.
That’s a great way to vacation with DVC but switch it up!

I would chose SSR: two feature pools, lovely grounds to walk around, nice pool bar, excellent quick service and Disney Springs a 10-15 minutes walk or a short boat ride away.
Also, thanks to the DS bus stop, you can easily go to other resorts for dining or pool hopping.

Second best: AKV: it's really unique, it has 3 of the best restaurants on property, 2 feature pools and it's remote enough to not hear the call of the theme parks.

We go to DW every March and often don’t go to parks. We love OKW for the proximity of the pool, tennis, shuffleboard, and boat to DS. The kids programs and counselors are great.

I would go with SSR or OKW. Both are very relaxing. There are multiple pools and they have nice Community Halls. The proximity to Disney Springs is nice as well.

@sleepydog25 thank you for that! You just changed our minds on CC and we moved to Kidani for our non-park stay. If there are no trails or bike paths, we would rather see animals from our balcony.

@sleepydog25 thank you for that! You just changed our minds on CC and we moved to Kidani for our non-park stay. If there are no trails or bike paths, we would rather see animals from our balcony.
Glad to help! We were at Kidani for our last couple of days in early March, and we loved the animals. We sat out on the balcony with a glass of wine and some cheese and soaked up the ambiance. Eventually, that bike path to FW will be open again, and once it is, I'll recommend VWL (and CC) more strongly. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter