Best Ecomony Hotel for Mom/Daughter trip

Tigger969

Earning My Ears
Hi

Looking to see if I can get some tips from experts. I'm looking to do a mother/daughter trip from 11/02 - 11/06.

Looking to see:
1) are there transfers from the airport to the hotel?
2) which ecomomy/mod hotel for us?
3) how far are the hotels from the park? walking distance/bus?
4) are/is there transportation from the hotels to the park?

Thanks in advance for the help :)

Hi

Looking to see if I can get some tips from experts. I'm looking to do a mother/daughter trip from 11/02 - 11/06.

Looking to see:
1) are there transfers from the airport to the hotel?
2) which ecomomy/mod hotel for us?
3) how far are the hotels from the park? walking distance/bus?
4) are/is there transportation from the hotels to the park?

Thanks in advance for the help :)

I would think of it a little different. You won't find a cheap nor close hotel to DLR with a airport shuttle that will be free. There are shuttle services though to cover it.

I would find a place close to the parks so you can walk. Then you won't need to worry about a hotel/park shuttle. The hotels with these all cost $100+ but within walking you can find hotels from $50-80 but they may be higher on Friday and Saturday or busy weekdays.

Try looking at Hotels.com and search "disney's california adventure" to get hotels you can walk from on harbor drive. I find hotels.com gives a more comprehensive list that Orbits or expedia.

I'm not sure about the airport part, but my family just stayed at a place on katella, about 10-15 min walk to DLR with a ART bus that stops by the hotel. It was about $62 a night. Clean, friendly people. No complaints from me! It was called America's Best Value Inn-Fantasy Inn.
I am going in October and booked a place, pretty much the same as this one but on the opposite side of the DLR (1st place was on the DCA side, this 2nd place is on the DL side). This one is on Ball Rd.
It's called America's Best Value Inn - Astoria. It's the same chain just different location. This was about $50 a night. Again, 10-15min walk to DLR, ART bus stops by the hotel, all the reviews on travelocity were positive.

Try the Howard Johnsons Anaheim, check their website for the Entertainment Rate, the dates available are on their discussion board under the discount section. :) You can get rates as low as $59 a night if you get lucky. :) You can also try the Anaheim Plaza Hotel, I got rates of $59 a night there as well. Both are well within walking distance and both come highly recommended by a lot of Disers. :)
I don't know anything about hotel transfers, we drive ourselves so we don't have to worry about that.

You should post this on the main part of this board, you'll get a lot of input there. :)

Other than the ones Pixiewings71 mentioned. I would say Del Sol is the cheapest/closest. Also around Disney way the is a Motel 6 and Eden Roc.
On Katella to the east of DLR is a few $50 a night places.

Desert Inn and Suites is directly across the street from the park and it is going for $74 a night for your dates. Nothing fancy but you can't beat the location. A 5 minute walk and you are in the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter