Best Florida Beach

diaman

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!
Well be at WDW from Feb 23-March 1st. We would like to spend a couple days at the beach before we come home. Does anyone have any opinion on which beach would be the best. We are driving and would prefer the east side beaches of FL since it'll be on the way home. We are looking for a nice beach and a very nice hotel. We like to go all out when on vacation so price is not really an issue. We've stayed at the Ritz Carlton in St. Thomas, Atlantis in Nassau, Marriott Casa Magna in Cancun and are looking for hotels/resorts of that nature. We have 3 toddlers, plus the in-laws so will need 2 rooms. If anyone has any insight, it would greatly be appriciated. Also, is the weather in FL during this time good for the beach??? Thanks in advance.

There's a Ritz-Carlton on Amelia Island near Jacksonville, but the weather up there would be hit or miss at that time. It could easily be too chilly to sunbathe or swim, although probably OK for walking and enjoying Amelia Island. The time I stayed there, though, I thought it was terribly run-down and not up to Ritz-Carlton Standards. Also in the Jax area (Ponte Vedra Beach), there is the Marriott at Sawgrass and the Ponte Vedra Beach Club(or something like that. I may have the name a wrong) - both very nice, but again, the Jax area is just not that warm. St. Augustine is about the same. I am not familiar with nice resorts further south.

If your are a DVC member, why not try Vero Beach Resort? I know its a ways from Orlando though. With 3 toddlers I think that would be great. I agree with the previous poster that March could be hit or miss. We were there in March of 2001 and the first 2 days it was a beautiful 85 and the next 4 days it was windy and a chilly in the high 50's.

It has been ages since I have been to the east coast in Florida but my dad loves Daytona.

Sarosota area beaches are lovely, as are Marco Island, Sanibel, Siesta Key and Ft. Meyers area. many people enjoy Destin and Panama City, too.

I would advise you to stay away from Tampa-area beaches; they are dirty and crowded.

Here are some Web sites with good info and pictures:

www.beachdirectory.com

www.beachpage.com

www.funandsun.com

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter