Best Hotel near Universal for 1 Night on late arrival?

Playgrnd

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,

We (Family of 4, 2 Adult, 2 Kids) will be spending 7 days at the Hard Rock at the end of next week however I need to book a hotel for the night we arrive (late arrival) near Universal before our adventure begins. It's basically only going to be a a location to sleep and possibly have breakfast prior to relocating to the HR in the AM. Would like your feedback and recommendations on hotels nearby for those of you who have done this in the past. The Double Tree seems to be on the radar however it's to be determined based on the feedback received.

Thank you,

Depending on how late u will arrive & whether renting a car...

Would likely just stay somewhere (i use Hilton properties) near airport with free shuttle to pick up car next day or get transportation to HRH from there.

I'd check out hotwire to see what you can find either @ airport or in Universal resort area. Not too difficult to discern what property you are bidding on with a bit of research (betterbidding among other sites)

There's a nearby Drury inn that people love, might want to check it out.

Depending on how late u will arrive & whether renting a car...

Would likely just stay somewhere (i use Hilton properties) near airport with free shuttle to pick up car next day or get transportation to HRH from there.

I'd check out hotwire to see what you can find either @ airport or in Universal resort area. Not too difficult to discern what property you are bidding on with a bit of research (betterbidding among other sites)

There's a nearby Drury inn that people love, might want to check it out.

We get in somewhat late (10:55 PM) and will most likely use Tony for transportation to the hotel that evening and Uber into HR in the AM. Not currently renting a car however we noticed that there is a Rocket Launch on Aug 3 at 9 AM (https://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/events/events-calendar/see-a-rocket-launch) that may be of interest which means we need to rent a car the night before and get up supper early to make it to the site for the event. Has anyone attended any of these launches, if so is it worth the drive out?

The rockets are made in my Alabama hometown. I know many who have traveled down to watch the launch. They all have enjoyed seeing it.

Has anyone attended any of these launches, if so is it worth the drive out?

I have not driven over to watch one but have been lucky enough to watch 2 difference launches while in Port Canaveral for Disney cruises. The first was the day we arrived back in port in 2012 and the other was while we were sailing out of the channel this past June. LOVED watching both launches! SO GLAD I was able to experience them. I would totally drive over if I was in the area.

We have a similar situation, arriving late to SFB. Too late for the hotel shuttles and the current plan is to not rent a car. Have until December to figure it out.

We have a similar situation, arriving late to SFB. Too late for the hotel shuttles and the current plan is to not rent a car. Have until December to figure it out.

We're doing the same thing and staying at Sapphire Falls for the first night since we arrive late. Don't need that express pass and are curious about the new hotel. Then we've stayed at all 5.

@Playgrnd I have no idea what the pricing would be, but the Hilton that is inside MCO can't be beat for convenience. My husband stays there quite often when he's in Orlando for work.

We drive to Orlando and usually get in late so we stay at the Fairfield Inn near Universal. It's about a 5 minute drive from HRH and is usually just north of $100.

There are other hotels in that vicinity that are cheaper - but I try to stick to Marriott's due to loyalty points.

We've never hung around for the breakfast in the morning; we get up early, hit McDonalds, then check in at the Universal hotel so we can make the extra park hours.

I have no idea if it's going to be good or not but I booked the Stay Sky Suites for our arrival night, we land at MCO at 10:35 p.m. It was $111.00 for a two bedroom suite, one room has a king and the other two queens. It has free hot breakfast.

We then move to the HRH for 2 nights, then on the Miami to board an NCL cruise to Cuba.

I'm still trying to work out the car plan.

We stayed one night last September before our reservation at the Comfort Inn & Suites convention center. I WOULD NOT recommend that one. We arrived late, I just wanted to sleep, the room seemed fine at first, but something in the room set my allergies off and I felt like I was going to have an asthma attack. I got it cheap through orbitz, and it had decent reviews, but I won't go there again.

We stayed at the Doubletree and really enjoyed it. We got a great price and it was a good clean hotel for a place to sleep. We grabbed a little something at Starbucks for breakfast and took a $6 Uber across the street to the Hard Rock.

Rosen inn near the big McDonald's. Always clean and 5 minute drive to universal(using turkey lake rd) Last time was $59

We too have a very late arrival at MCO (10:50). We are staying that night at sapphire falls before switching over to Royal pacific. Like damp we wanted to check out the new hotel on a day when we didn't need express passes. Plan is to check out SF pool for a few hours the next day before checking into RP

We get in somewhat late (10:55 PM) and will most likely use Tony for transportation to the hotel that evening and Uber into HR in the AM. Not currently renting a car however we noticed that there is a Rocket Launch on Aug 3 at 9 AM (https://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/events/events-calendar/see-a-rocket-launch) that may be of interest which means we need to rent a car the night before and get up supper early to make it to the site for the event. Has anyone attended any of these launches, if so is it worth the drive out?

If you're not planning on the space center proper, Jetty park nice place to watch. Problem is they often postpone them. Check before you make the drive. We tried unsuccessfully to catch a shuttle launch for years, planned trips around the schedule to no avail.

We too have a very late arrival at MCO (10:50). We are staying that night at sapphire falls before switching over to Royal pacific. Like damp we wanted to check out the new hotel on a day when we didn't need express passes. Plan is to check out SF pool for a few hours the next day before checking into RP

I'd request a late checkout @ SF but be aware your room @ RPH may very well not be ready until 3-4 pm

That's the plan!

We are hoping to get a late check out and spend a few hours st SF pool. Then we will go over and check in at RP, then hit the park. I have tongonto guest services to renew our APs so that should eat up some time while we are waiting for room to be ready!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!