Best hotel to Park and fly ?? BWI Airport

cdisney2002

Earning My Ears
I am trying to determine where to stay the night before our flight from BWI to MCO. We are a family of 5 and need a place to stay where we can leave our car and then use the hotel's shuttle to the airport. Any recommendations???

Hi!

We live about 20 minutes from BWI -- I will try to get some info for you. When is your trip?

There are quite a few hotels very close to the airport -- Extended Stay America, Suisse, Holiday Inn, Amerisuites are all within a 5 - 15 minutes drive of the airport. You might want to check out some of their websites for BWI location information.

Be sure to allow a few hours prior to your flight to get through security checks.

April76

Thanks for the link. There are so many hotels to choose from, so I was hoping someone had first hand experience with staying at one the hotels and using their shuttle.

I was in the same boat as you were. We had originally called all around to get the best rates for a park/fly package using a AAA discount. I had originally found a price of $130 for one night (sorry I forget which hotel). That was over $100 cheaper than anyplace else I found, every other hotel was asking over $250 for a park/fly package. That didn't include a continental breakfast since our flight is leaving at 6:00 AM and I knew we'd have to take breakfast snacks along anyway.

We had used priceline.com several times before (most recently on our trip last spring to Washington DC) and I was very satisfied with them. I bid $50 (wish I would have gone lower), picked 2-1/2 stars or better, and, of course, got the you won't get it at that price warning. Low and behold I did! We are staying at the Courtyard by Marriott on West Nursery Road. Afterwards, I checked their webste and found out I saved about $125 on the room alone. They do charge $5/day parking, but that will only add another $40, so I still made out about $40 cheaper than my original reservation. Please feel free to email me with any questions. Hope this helps!

dtuleya@aol.com

Forgot to post that they do have a shuttle that starts at 4:00. When I called the hotel directly to confirm reservation, they told me that if we wanted to leave for the airport earlier (since flight actually leaves at 5:50 AM), they would arrange for a taxi to take us free of charge. Hope I've helped!

I stayed at 2 different hotels near the airport. The most recent was the Comfort Inn Jan/2000. I remember it well since I got snowed in there and my trip was delayed a day. The place was nothing special but sure beat sleeping on the chairs at the airport. Their shuttle ran hourly even in the worst snowstorm. I paid around $100 at the time per night but it was worth every penny. A couple years previously we had stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. In fact we have stayed there a couple times. It is convenient because it has a continental breakfast. The price then for park and fly was only around $80/night but that was in November 98 with a AAA discount. The prices have gone up.

We always stay at the Ramada when we fly from BWI. Their shuttle service is very dependable. A few times we returned late and the pilot and other airline personel from our flight were on the shuttle too. It's very close to BWI and you're there in minutes. I think it's located on Coca Cola Drive..... my adult DD usually drives us so I don't pay much attention to where we're going, but I know when I see Coca Cola Drive, we're close to the hotel. It was about $80 a nite the last time we stayed there. I guess we've done this 1/2 dz. times and our car was perfectly safe and untouched. In fact, once someone (me) forgot to lock their door and we were gone for a week - everything was fine.

... they did a big story on the various BWI parking strategies a little while back. I can't remember the exact date, but if you search for 'BWI' and 'park' I bet you'll find it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter