Best Mod?

nettii

DIS Veteran
I know this question has been asked before but- in your opinion what is the best mod :confused3 and why?Convince me to stay at your fav!:beach:
We have stayed at FQ and LOVED it but we always like to try new things.But FQ is not out of the running!:goodvibes
Thnks Nettii:)

I think it depends on your needs and your situation. Maybe you could tell us a little bit more about you & your party. Number of adults, and if you're bringing children, what are their ages?

We stayed at CSR last September, it was just DH2B and I and we really loved it. While there was stuff for kids, I think it's really geared more towards adults given the theming and that it's a big convention resort.

We're trying POR next month, again it's just us, and from what I can tell, it's much more family oriented than CSR, but I'm really excited about the theming of POR.

If you are bringing kids, then CBR would be your best bet, I'd think. Given the new Pirate pool and the pirate themed rooms. Plus, the beautiful scenery around the resort for the adults in your party.

CSR is my family favorite! Check out my CSR website below for pics and info. CSR has queen beds, full menu room service, a terrific main pool area and great transportation that is not shared with other resorts. They also offer a spa, salon, fitness center and more.

Pick which theme you like best and which resort amenities meet your family's needs.

107208520.jpg

107208519.jpg

It is Me and DH and our two boys 14 and 8. The one thing I like in a resort is being close to the main pool are, I dont have to be on top of it but close. We tend to spend lots of time at the pool when we are not in the parks.
Thnks Nettii

Ok, well I've been to all four moderates, and POFQ is definitely one of the best.

Personally, this is how I would rank them:

1. CBR-- It's just my personal favorite because of the tropical theme.
2. POFQ
3. POR
4. CSR- Don't ask.

So, I don't think you could go wrong with staying at POFQ again... If you want to try a new one, I'd recommend CBR.

Our favorite, by far, is the CSR--and the only one we've stayed at--we see no reason after 7 perfect stays to mess with success. We've thought of trying POFQ and one of these days we may do a split stay with CSR (we don't care for the theme at the POR at all, and the CBR turns us off completely).

I'm sure you can't go wrong with any of them. Your boys are a little older, so I think they would really enjoy the main pool at the CSR with the jaguar slide; plus there is the largest hot tub of the mods right by the pool, a sand volleyball court and an arcade. There is also a fitness center/spa at the CSR if either of your boys is in to working out (and the spa for mom for a massage :goodvibes ). The CSR has recently converted to queen beds and are rehabbing all of their rooms with all new furniture, flat screen televisions, etc. There is a great food court, the new Cafe Rix for take-out, a full menu for in-room dining, etc.

As far as being close to the main pool, if you check Buzz's website it tells you what section of the resort to stay at that is close to what you are interested in. DH and I always stay in either Casitas 4 or 5 because it is close to the Casitas quiet pool as well as the spa/fitness center. It is about a five minute walk from there to the main building (food, registration, gift shop) and about an eight minute walk to the main pool.

CSR!! We love CSR for the atmosphere, great CM's and the deluxe-lite feel. CSR offers a spa, salon, full menu room service and fitness center not to mention a terrific main pool area and the best transportation that is not shared with any other resort. It's like taking two vacations in one. CSR offers queen beds too! CSR has elevators in every building.

CSR is my family favorite! Check out my CSR website below for pics and info. CSR has queen beds, full menu room service, a terrific main pool area and great transportation that is not shared with other resorts. They also offer a spa, salon, fitness center and more.

Pick which theme you like best and which resort amenities meet your family's needs.

107208520.jpg

I will rather pick this. Really nice. Your pics are wonderful. :thumbsup2

We have stayed at 3 of the moderates and CBR is by far our favorite! ~Beautiful grounds, hammocks on the white sand beaches, quiet Caribbean music playing everywhere, a relaxing tropical feel, a beautiful bridge, island & lake, great & huge food court, friendly CM's, double sinks in the bathroom area with the most storage space underneath them of all the moderates and the LARGEST rooms of all the moderates! All of the rooms have recently been or are currently being redone. CBR is centrally located to all the parks and does not share buses with any other resort. :goodvibes And we had THE BEST bus service ever on our most recent (Jan 20-27) trip!

All that PLUS the pool can't be beat – it's brand new, very large, zero entry, and has 2 slides! The new children's pool is pirate themed and has several slides and a tipping bucket. They also have a marina that is open year-round and they offer the Islands of the Caribbean Pirate Cruise for children 3 days a week. pirate:

The whole resort is like a vacation within a vacation, a “leave your worries at the door” kind of place!pixiedust:

There's lots of info & pics in my review ~ The link is in my signature!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter