Best month to visit? Any advice?

SleepingCinderella

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

Ill start by explaining that I am planning our first trip to Disneyland Paris next year but not only that, it will be my first trip abroad so I am feeling a little overwhelmed by all the options!

At the moment, we are looking at 4 nights (Mon-Fri) for 2 adults in the Cheyenne. We were going to book for late September 2019 but some space has come up and we could now potentially move it to mid March 2019 instead.

I have priced it all up and found that I can get a much better deal and save a few hundred pounds by going in March and Im just wondering if this is for any reason in particular?

Is the weather awful in March? We dont necessarily mind cold weather but how is it for rain and general poor conditions compared to September? I seem to be getting conflicting information from google and my travel agent said it can be rainy any time there so dont let it effect our choice?

We are hoping to do things like character meet and greets, parades, fireworks etc do these happen less frequently in March with it being 'out of season'?

Basically looking for any advice on which month would be better? Im willing to pay the extra if September would be better as I want to make our first trip as good as possible but Id be an idiot to pay the extra if March may be just as good?

Any advice?

Go March.
Weatherwise you have to be lucky in either month. Late September is autumn so more chance of rain, but still has warm days. March is colder in general but can sometimes have inexplicable warm or cold weather. But March leads up to Spring weather, while the later you go in September is going away from Summer.

Shows are only cancelled due to very severe weather conditions, otherwise they are on every day. But the main reason to go in March, before the 17th: The Pirates & Princess Festival. I consider the extra parade & show they had last year for this festival as one of Disney's best. Not specifically Disneyland Paris, but Disney parks in general. Also if you like there are some special Star Wars things going on till the 17th.
There is nothing specific announced yet for the Summer Season, but it could be over by end September.

For either period there are no school vacations going on, or national holidays. The only thing that will drive more crowds to DLP is the Run Weekend 20-22 September. Otherwise crowds should be good. My feeling is March might be slightly better.

Go March.

Last edited:
I also think March is better. But my warning with that: I've encountered snow in March before at DLP. Not heavy snow and nothing unmanageable, but still... snow.
But I tend to opt toward cooler-weather visits anyway, whether it's to DL, WDW or DLP; I don't mind the cold and the crowds are better!

i have been in both september and march and have been very lucky with the weather in both months. Ive been twice in early Septemeber and the weather has been lovely and warm, and the crowds can be quite low in both months which is a bonus.
If i had a choice it would be september personally.

I love march! Weve been march and september and i think its maybe just luck but both of our march trips were gorgeous sunshine and so lovely to see the flowers start to come out and the spring colours, our september trip was rainy but could have just been bad luck! Both were great for low crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter