Best non-buffet breakfast?

plutosmyfav

<font color=deeppink>Has high hopes, high apple pi
Hi,

I want to share an adult breakfast voucher with my DS (3). Therefore, I don't want to go to a buffet. Can anyone suggest a good non-buffet breakfast to use a breakfast voucher (not Q&C).

It can be resort or park location :)

Thanks

Dont know what your voucher says but here are some suggestions, we have found good.

Concourse St, Konas, Whispering Canyon, Boatwrights

I absolutely love breakfast at the Yacht Club Galley at the YC. Food is great, very relaxing and peaceful. The have a full breakfast menu or a small buffet (no characters). I have never done the buffet there, but the full breakfast menu is great. You get a pot of coffee and they have delish OJ and eggs, waffles, pancakes, cereal, etc. I think it is a great relaxing spot for breakfast. Afterwards you can just walk over to Epcot or take a boat to MGM. Enjoy!

It sounds as if it's coming from the lush tropics of a Polynesian-themed resort!

It sounds like... "Tonga... Tonga... Tonga!"

Is a giant ape about to be released upon the populace?

Oh, no, it's all the hungry villagers chanting for their morning treat: Tonga Toast! I would bet this would be a super yummy breakfast treat for any kid. I know that as a darn-near 40-year-old kid, it's one of my favorite treats! head on over to the Kona Kafe (how convenient... it's at a monorail resort!) and grab yourself some of this superb taste treat!

Richard

Thanks!

Now I'm torn between Yacht Club or trying this mysterious Tonga Toast!!!! Maybe we'll have to do both::yes::

I vote for Kona Cafe! Your DS will love the Tonga toast.

Kona Cafe.

Unless you did the AKL's Sunrise Safari. We were treated to this elaborate breakfast afterwards, and THAT's the best breakfast I ever had. They had fruit stew, oxtail, sausage platter...etc. Plus the usual American breakfast type food, aka scramble egg & pancake (why would you do eat this when you are given a chance to try something wonderful?).

As a family we loved Grand Floridian Cafe. It had a nice calm feel to it. My kids behaved very well there and the food is very good. We also found the service excellent.

I vote for Kona, Spoodles, or the Rainforest Cafe (surprisingly good breakfast and great smoothies)

Check out Deb Wills site for menus to get a good idea of what you might like.

I would definitly check out the menu website cause it seemed to me a lot of places other than buffets would be a waste for the voucher...I think kona's was okay but a lot didn't seem like they would come anywhere near the 17.75 per.

Thanks everyone.

Without a tip, the breakeven point on a 17.75 voucher is about 16.60. If its a tipping place, then the break even point is only about $14.50

I checked out Deb's menus and it looks like Kona's cafe is my first choice. We may not "make" money on the voucher, but I don't want to lose it either. I'm assuming we can order the Tonga toast as our entre and a bagel as our baked item. We can bring the bagel for a snack later. I'll drink coffee and he can have the juice. I think we can get fruit, too. That will be plenty. DS doesn't eat much.

I'm so excited to try the Tonga Toast! I've heard so much about it
:tongue:

Originally posted by plutosmyfav
Thanks!

Now I'm torn between Yacht Club or trying this mysterious Tonga Toast!!!! Maybe we'll have to do both::yes::

Ah, Tonga Toast. I was all hyped-up to try this on our trip 1/91. It has to be one of the 3 most disgusting foods to ever enter my mouth. Talk about your bursting bubble.

steve

I have to agree that the hype for Tonga Toast was greater than the actual stuff. Now if you LOOK at the slimy cooked banana in the middle, then I would agree that it would rank right up there on disgusting foods. If, however, you just eat it, it's not quite so bad... but it's too darn sweet! I could keep going on that sugar for the next 3 days!

When I tried it, I ate about half of it, and wished I had more meat (salty) to cut the sweet when I was done. Ah well, been there, done that, won't be doing it again.

Another vote for Kona. We've been doing breakfast at the Polynesian for 20 years, and it's still very good. Even the other items are good. It has a bit of a hotel coffee shop location, in the lobby, but that almost adds to the effect. Give it a shop.

Tonga Toast for us, and we don't stay at the Poly, but it's a must! One year, I tried the baked version, but that was only once:rolleyes:

bobbi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter