Best option for disability parking.

Susie63

Dreamin' of Disney
We are staying off site next month. All moderate hotels are booked🤔 So we will be driving to the parks each day for rope drop. Should I opt for Toy Story or would one of the parking structures be a better option. We are staying south of the resort area. TIA.

Are you using a wheelchair or scooter? I think that the buses seem to have easier loading of those than the trams but I haven't personally used that service at the park.
I know the disabled parking spaces in Toy Story are close to the bus pick up area.
You also might try posting on the DisAbilities board for more info.

Do you have a disability parking placard? That can be used in either M&F/PP or TS to park in the disability spaces.

Yes. I will be bringing it with me. Where is the pickup and drop off for the tram at the gates?

Toy Story lot. I have friends who go to DL often. 1 of them is disabled. They always park at the Toy Story lot and have said that the disabled parking spots are right next to the bus loading area, so very short walk.

There never seem to be enough ADA spaces at M&F/PP, although if you arrive early you have a better chance of getting one.

There are some spaces on all levels of M&F but they usually seem to fill up quickly. If you have your placard hanging, the CM who is directing traffic will send you to the front rows, if there is room there, so you can hopefully park closer even if it's not an actual ADA space. It's gonna be a bit of a walk, even if you manage to snag one of the ADA spots - to the elevator/escalator and then to bag check, then to the tram.

In PP, all the ADA spaces are on the ground floor. If you get one of those, the walk is also not super close - you have to walk over by the elevators and then around the front (or perhaps up a level and then down the escalators...the signage seems to be different sometimes).

I haven't parked at Toy Story, but it sounds like that might be a better choice.

If you go back sometime, you might want to consider a hotel close to an ART bus stop. The hotel I’ve stayed at has a bus stop in our parking lot and runs on average every 20 minutes to the bus loops next to where the Toy Story Lot also drops off (East side of park). Some ART loops take longer.

Not sure how far your hotel is but you could also Uber if you do not have anyone who needs a car seat. That is way easier than parking and considerably less than the parking fee if you are staying in a convention center hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter