Best options to consider for Annual Passes

Tulip2796

Mouseketeer
Hi all. We've had Disney AP's but are looking at Sea World for something new. We haven't been to Sea World but being somewhat local (2 hours away), we figure AP's are best. I've been looking at options and am wondering what people consider to be best options. I'm confused about the Fun Cards vs Annual Passes. Originally I considered (for our family of 4, 2A 2K) 3 silver passes and 1 gold so we'd get parking, pictures and dining/shopping benefits but now that I see the Fun Card option I'm confused. Also, haven't been to the water parks but wondering if we should get Sea World plus water park. We have a 6 year old so I'm not sure how appropriate water park is for him. Any input and suggestions are very much appreciated! Also, any time of year when passes go on sale (sort of how Legoland has an amazing Cinco de Mayo and Black Friday deals.)?

Aquatica, Seaworld's water park, has two EXCELLENT areas for kids: one has small slides and sprayers more suited to the preschool crowd, and the other is a HUGE interactive play structure with two tipping buckets, multiple slides, different levels, and a whole lot of water action (sprayers, sprinklers, etc.). The latter would be perfect for a six year old. Other attractions which should appeal to a six year old: the double wave pool and massive sand beach, a lazy river with tubes, and a super fun river with a current that is fun for any age. IMHO, Aquatica is ideal for a family with children, and its our favorite water park in Orlando (and we've been to each of the Big 4).

As for the Fun Cards vs. annual passes: your biggest difference between those passes will be blackout dates. Be sure you know when admission to each park will be excluded on the Fun Cards and lower level AP's. Definitely plan to get at least one Gold pass for the reasons you've already mentioned (free PREFERRED parking, free Photo Key, discounts on shopping and dining). You will also get a free animal encounter with the Gold annual pass (the dolphin encounter).

SeaWorld AP's didn't go on sale this Black Friday. Instead, they offered a "last chance" pricing before the cost was increased in early November, and threw in a free meal voucher per pass if purchased during their Blue Friday sale. I wouldn't expect to see any other discounts anytime soon.

I would go with a Bronze AP (at least) over a Fun Card. Fun Cards are basically admission, and don't include any of the "perks" that APs get (like the ornament, ect)

I would go with a Bronze AP (at least) over a Fun Card. Fun Cards are basically admission, and don't include any of the "perks" that APs get (like the ornament, ect)

I was supposed to get an ornament? How do I find out about these extra perks? They aren't listed on the passholder benefits page. I have a similar problem finding extras from Universal. I usually never miss them for Disney but that's probably just because that's what 90% of people generally talk about is.

I was supposed to get an ornament? How do I find out about these extra perks? They aren't listed on the passholder benefits page. I have a similar problem finding extras from Universal. I usually never miss them for Disney but that's probably just because that's what 90% of people generally talk about is.

yeah, it was given out to passholders during December. It was posted in email, on their FB page, and I want to say on IG too

SeaWorld has a monthly passholder blog that outlines the special offers and giveaways for passmembers. You can find it here:

https://seaworld.com/orlando/blog/2020-january-pass-member-news/

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!