Best place to buy tickets?!?!

amymeyer

Earning My Ears
Last time we went to Disney was in 2014..... Way too long, but it was cost prohibitive for a while...

So, looking back to my emails.... I got lucky. Purchased tickets on Orbitz, through ebates. Ebates return was $265. Purchase the on Orbitz ($1329) was for 3 day base tickets that had a Park hopper upgrade for free, and then 2 free day add on. My total out of pocket for 2 adults/2 kids was $1064 for essential 5 day hopper passes. I got so lucky!!!

What is the best deal to purchase tickets for summer 2018? Is there so sale that comes annually? Any credit card, gift card etc. that I don't know about?

Any recommendations for park tickets would be great!

Unfortunately there is no one stock answer and you have to do your homework. A couple years ago I needed 6 day tickets without the park hopper. I called AAA, checked Undercover, Working Advantage, and of course Disney. In the end it was cheaper for me to buy DIS GC's at Target with my Red Card and get the 5% off and buy them directly through Disney. However if I had wanted 6 day hoppers AAA had the best rate. For our trip next month Undercover had the best prices (back in Feb anyway) as they were offering a 7 day hopper for the price of 4 and still had last years prices.

If you haven not looked check out the Disney Gift Card Deals thread. People are always posting ways to get DIS GC's discounted that could men in the end it's cheaper to buy them right through Disney. For example a few weeks ago Best Buy had a deal that if you basically bought a BB GC for $150 they would send you a savings card for $15 on a future purchase and you could buy up to 3 BB GC's and get $45, you can use BB GC's to buy Disney GC's and then use those DIS GC's to buy your tickets. I was able to do the deal 3 times and ended up with $135 in free Disney GC's. A savings like that if offered again might be the best way to buy tickets. But as mentioned you need to do your home work and study up on ticket prices etc.

Last time we went to Disney was in 2014..... Way too long, but it was cost prohibitive for a while...

So, looking back to my emails.... I got lucky. Purchased tickets on Orbitz, through ebates. Ebates return was $265. Purchase the on Orbitz ($1329) was for 3 day base tickets that had a Park hopper upgrade for free, and then 2 free day add on. My total out of pocket for 2 adults/2 kids was $1064 for essential 5 day hopper passes. I got so lucky!!!

What is the best deal to purchase tickets for summer 2018? Is there so sale that comes annually? Any credit card, gift card etc. that I don't know about?

Any recommendations for park tickets would be great!
There isn't a single source that will give you the best deal. I recommend using the ticket calculator on touringplans.com
https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/ticket-calculator

You put in what kind of tickets you're looking for and the tool polls several ticket vendors' websites for prices. Then it lists the prices at each vendor from lowest to highest. Keep in mind that the best deal can change from one day to the next, so check it right before you make your purchase to make sure that you're getting the absolute best deal.

And don't forget that Disney changed their tickets so that they now expire. Buying now for next summer will be okay but if your trip gets delayed until the following summer, those tickets would need to be exchanged for a valid ticket and you would need to pay the difference for the same number of days.

yes... but they are above full price now! I hit them the first week they started selling them, and it was a great promotion. I am hoping to find something like this again - somewhere..... anywhere!!!

If I bought now, but something changed, is it
There isn't a single source that will give you the best deal. I recommend using the ticket calculator on touringplans.com
https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/ticket-calculator

You put in what kind of tickets you're looking for and the tool polls several ticket vendors' websites for prices. Then it lists the prices at each vendor from lowest to highest. Keep in mind that the best deal can change from one day to the next, so check it right before you make your purchase to make sure that you're getting the absolute best deal.

And don't forget that Disney changed their tickets so that they now expire. Buying now for next summer will be okay but if your trip gets delayed until the following summer, those tickets would need to be exchanged for a valid ticket and you would need to pay the difference for the same number of days.
possible to exchange for a valid ticket another year? I'm confused by this new end date on tickets, I don't like it!

If I bought now, but something changed, is it

possible to exchange for a valid ticket another year? I'm confused by this new end date on tickets, I don't like it!
Yes, but you will have to do it at Disney and they will only give you whatever the Disney gate price was for the ticket when it expired. Since this is all new and none of these newer tickets have expired yet, there's no telling if it will affect your ability to book FP+ in advance if the ticket has expired.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter