Best Place to rent ECV’s??

Good to know, last time it was 8AM, which was too early for us after a flight getting in at 1 AM anyway, so we had scheduled ba later drop off than that.
We are staying offsite the first and planning to drive over and drop our car, then rope drop. 8 am would be too late for that, but 7 am drop off will work for a 9 am opening. I am hoping they can do closer to 7:30. Do you know if you can request that?

We are staying offsite the first and planning to drive over and drop our car, then rope drop. 8 am would be too late for that, but 7 am drop off will work for a 9 am opening. I am hoping they can do closer to 7:30. Do you know if you can request that?
Yes, they are very good about working with your schedule, also, if you are staying offsite, they may be able to drop off with bell services at your hotel if you would prefer that, just know that if you go that route, they won't be there to show you how to adjust or use anything, that is the trade off in that case, but if they can drop off with bell services, they might even be willing to drop off the night before, just call them and they will help you with the best option for you, at least that has always been my experience.

Yes, they are very good about working with your schedule, also, if you are staying offsite, they may be able to drop off with bell services at your hotel if you would prefer that, just know that if you go that route, they won't be there to show you how to adjust or use anything, that is the trade off in that case, but if they can drop off with bell services, they might even be willing to drop off the night before, just call them and they will help you with the best option for you, at least that has always been my experience.
thanks!

Has any one ever had to break down an ECV to put it in your car? and if so, how hard was it to lift the pieces? my husband and I need to take it back and forth to the parks and we're both in our 60's and I won't be much help because of my bad knees. I'm really worried!

Has any one ever had to break down an ECV to put it in your car? and if so, how hard was it to lift the pieces? my husband and I need to take it back and forth to the parks and we're both in our 60's and I won't be much help because of my bad knees. I'm really worried!

Hi, helenm29.

Below is a generic video that shows a man unloading the different parts of a mobility scooter from a sedan trunk and then putting it together.

I used to have to do this every time with my old Pride Mobility REVO 3-wheel mobility scooter when going and coming from a destination. If I left it in my trunk at home, I would have to repeat the process twice per destination. If I was at WDW, I would have to repeat the process four times per destination.

I just posted this video on the disability community forum for someone interested in the electric chair, which I do not own.

I own a Fold and Go Heavy-duty Wheelchair.

That guy in the video looked like my younger self, but much slower and resting in between leaning on my sedan's trunk. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. What took him 1-minute of non-stop movement lifting some heavy motor or seat or battery usually took me 15-20 minutes

Last edited:

I would say that you/your hubby need to be able to lift whatever the heaviest part of the ECV is by itself - so in some cases, that could be 25 or more pounds - into the back of your vehicle. Bear in mind that some of the pieces will be lighter, but could be awkward to handle as well.

That's the main thing to find out; how much does the heaviest part weigh? Then, make sure that y'all can get something of a comparable size/weight safely in and out of the car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter