Best place to rent / sell DVC points that expire 7/31/18???

disneyfool_1202

The countdown has begun!!
We are in a bind. We have 250 points that have to be used by 7//31 of this calendar year. I left it up to DH to sell them... well guess what NEVER happened.
We are going to BRV in August because we (stupidly) booked our trip for the week AFTER these points expire (so we tapped into the next use year). Now we are stuck with 250 points that we don't want to waste. I have tried every RCI exchange but between dance Nationals and our vacation in August we can't seem to make anything work for our family. Any suggestions or ideas on places where we can perhaps rent these points out?

You could just use the rental forum on here. Other than that, brokers typically offer to rent points on short notice but normally at a reduced rate (though anything is better than having them go to waste).

If they haven't been banked already, you might call MS and beg for a one time exception on late banking.

If they haven't been banked already, you might call MS and beg for a one time exception on late banking.

I second this! We had a similar situation and MS was awesome and let us bank beyond the deadline.

If that does not work, try renting them on the discards. If you do not have enough posts in the last 6 months, you will need to pay for a membership to one of the plans to allow you to post a rental ad.

My fingers are crossed that pixie dust comes your way.

I agree, explain what happened to Member Services and beg for mercy. It may help...if not, then try one of the brokers, or try renting them on our Rent/Trade Board. You don;t qualify to use our Rent/Trade board for free, but you can pay the $24.95 fee instead. For details see sticky threads at the top of the Rent/Trade board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter