Best place to watch fireworks.

bcinohio

DIS Veteran
Where is the best place to watch the fireworks and the projection on the castle? Do we want to be up in the hub near the Walt & Mickey statue or on Main street by the buildings?

There is some special stuff that happens on Main Street. I like to be right at the front of Main Street, near the hub, so I can turn around to see the Main Street projections and features. You can still see the castle from a little bit down Main Street though, so somewhere in that area is what I like.

The middle of Main Street is my favorite place to watch the fireworks =)

So it depends on what your focus is.

If you really want to see the projections and get a good view of things flying over the castle, it's best to be between the Partners statue and the Castle. You have to be careful though because there are lots of trees that could obstruct your view if you are off to the side. Unfortunately the spots in the center get taken up hours in advance, so you have to wait a while to be there. Alternately you can get on the other side of the Hub, between partners statue and Y-intersection of the road. That's where I saw it, and it was a good view, but definitely projections were obstructed and it was far off to see Buzz and the Up house. I do recommend being in the Hub, because they do something special with spotlights, which if you are on Main Street, you don't see as much (or at all).

Main Street also provides a unique view, as there are projections along the walls. I have yet to see the new show there, but plan to try. It's pretty far from the castle though so you really aren't going to be able to see the projections on the castle itself.

Then there are the Rivers of America (if you see the first showing of Fantasmic), or Small World. Not ideal for Together Forever though.

...Then there are the Rivers of America (if you see the first showing of Fantasmic), or Small World. Not ideal for Together Forever though.

So the show designers said that there would be special effects specific to each viewing area. The castle/Hub area uses the spotlights, Main Street uses the buildings (thinking of the Coco segment especially here). Has anyone seen what the effect/s is/are for the ROA and the IASW areas? The show designers made it sound like it isn't a question of "ideal," but more an idea about each area presenting a unique and different viewing experience. They want guests to watch TF multiple times from different areas and not to have the exact same experience every time.

We watched from Main Street last night in front of Gibson Girl and tonight watched from ROA after Fantasmic. I actually preferred the ROA viewing area (granted we were in the Hungry Bear package section). The projections are right in front of you and most of the fireworks are right above those projections. The castle fireworks are to the right but we could still see them. Main Street is really great too obviously, but we were way less crowded at ROA and the projections are in front of you instead of to the side, making them easier to see. They were both great, just different from each other

Do you remember what the location specific special effect was for ROA that made that location a bit different from Main Street viewing?
And I agree that the ROA fireworks viewing is pretty nice -- no, there isn't a castle, but it's so nice to be able to breathe and move freely without being crowded like sardines. And the projections on the water screens are a nice effect.

Do you remember what the location specific special effect was for ROA that made that location a bit different from Main Street viewing?
And I agree that the ROA fireworks viewing is pretty nice -- no, there isn't a castle, but it's so nice to be able to breathe and move freely without being crowded like sardines. And the projections on the water screens are a nice effect.

I’m not sure what was location specific except the projections are different or at least I think they are. Viewing them straight on is very different than seeing them out of the corner of your eye or turning to see them and then turning back to see the Fireworks. Plus, there was the whole not crowded like sardines thing

Last edited by a moderator:
The projections on the buildings down main street are very exciting - as are the special CoCo pop up effects on top of those buildings. If those same projects show on ROA - that would be very cool. I preferred watching at the flag pole end of main street to get the fireworks, projections, music and out of there before the crowds :)

We were on Main Street the first night and loved the show. No spoilers but the Coco segment was “epic” (my 7 year old’s words lol). Good to know about various areas and projections shown.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter