Best places for breakfast

ExpatDisneyLover

DIS Veteran
Well, yesterday I booked my flight so I am really enjoying all the planning fun - choosing hotels etc! I will be going August 25-28th - and am planning to book the Disneyland Hotel.

My question is about breakfast. What are the options? I like a big breakfast but not really sure I want a character breakfast every morning. What is the continental option like at Walt's Cafe? Are there other breakfast options at the hotels or nearby? How does the breakfast at Hollywood Hotel compare to the Disneyland Hotel?

Thanks! :)

Congratulations on booking!

We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel in 2012. We had 3 breakfast's at the HKDL then; 2 at Walt's and one at the Enchanted Garden. I did take pictures of the continental breakfast section and also of our breakfast and posted them on my PTR/TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2823458

You'll find the quick links in the second post.

I really liked out breakfast at Walt's. We did have plans to check out another option (at the HH) but the Walt's breakfast was such a hit with my family that we all voted to head back there a second time. I do appreciate it is personal taste; but that's the way it worked out for us. We also enjoyed the breakfast at Enchanted Garden. Being Asian in background, the buffet breakfast there was reminiscent of the buffets we used to enjoy in my childhood. And we did get our pictures with the characters; so we didn't feel like we needed to go line up in the park.

I'm sure Zanzibar will be along to provide her insights on comparisons to the Hollywood Hotel. I didn't eat there but I think she may have done. There is Chef Mickey and Hollywood and Dine; and a few other options at the HH.

Have a great trip and enjoy the planning!

Congratulations on booking!

We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel in 2012. We had 3 breakfast's at the HKDL then; 2 at Walt's and one at the Enchanted Garden. I did take pictures of the continental breakfast section and also of our breakfast and posted them on my PTR/TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2823458

You'll find the quick links in the second post.

I really liked out breakfast at Walt's. We did have plans to check out another option (at the HH) but the Walt's breakfast was such a hit with my family that we all voted to head back there a second time. I do appreciate it is personal taste; but that's the way it worked out for us. We also enjoyed the breakfast at Enchanted Garden. Being Asian in background, the buffet breakfast there was reminiscent of the buffets we used to enjoy in my childhood. And we did get our pictures with the characters; so we didn't feel like we needed to go line up in the park.

I'm sure Zanzibar will be along to provide her insights on comparisons to the Hollywood Hotel. I didn't eat there but I think she may have done. There is Chef Mickey and Hollywood and Dine; and a few other options at the HH.

Have a great trip and enjoy the planning!

Thank you so much for posting!!!:) The pictures of Walt's breakfast did it for me - I am sold. I think I will be having my breakfasts there! ::yes:: I just didn't want to spend $20 on a piece of toast and yogurt - but that breakfast looks great!

Now I will enjoy seeing all the other bits about the HKDL hotel in your trip report.

We enjoyed our breakfast at Walt's too, although they were a bit too big for me. You order your hot food a la carte, and that give you access to the continental buffet too. On one occasion I did just order Mickey waffles, because I wasn't that hungry and felt it was a waste of money ordering anything else (and I can't deny, as lovely as Walt's is, it IS expensive).

We only had breakfast at the HH once. We ate at Hollywood & Dine, which is kind of a cafeteria style place. There is a very limited menu of hot breakfast items you can order (mainly Asian style dishes - I can't even remember if there was a western style breakfast available there). DH ordered a noodle dish and said it was ok. I just picked up a yoghurt and a tub of fruit from the 'help yourself' section and had that for breakfast.

There are also options in the park, but we didn't really try any of those. It was my intention to try the Main Street Bakery for breakfast one day, but it didn't happen. Not sure if any of the table service places do breakfast.

We enjoyed our breakfast at Walt's too, although they were a bit too big for me. You order your hot food a la carte, and that give you access to the continental buffet too. On one occasion I did just order Mickey waffles, because I wasn't that hungry and felt it was a waste of money ordering anything else (and I can't deny, as lovely as Walt's is, it IS expensive).

We only had breakfast at the HH once. We ate at Hollywood & Dine, which is kind of a cafeteria style place. There is a very limited menu of hot breakfast items you can order (mainly Asian style dishes - I can't even remember if there was a western style breakfast available there). DH ordered a noodle dish and said it was ok. I just picked up a yoghurt and a tub of fruit from the 'help yourself' section and had that for breakfast.

There are also options in the park, but we didn't really try any of those. It was my intention to try the Main Street Bakery for breakfast one day, but it didn't happen. Not sure if any of the table service places do breakfast.

Glad to know a Mickey waffle is available - :) - but I do enjoy a big breakfast so will probably have the buffet. I will have to check out the Main Street Bakery just to see what they have - anytime of day - :rolleyes1:rolleyes1 -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter