Best Places for Kids

bkc0508

Earning My Ears
We are coming in Nov and did the dining plan... I have a 3 yr girl and 6 yr old boy.

What are the best places to book that kids really love. This trip is for them me and my wife are just coming along :)

I plan on doing the
Akershus in Epcot for breakfast
Planet Hollywood just because we have that gift card.
but I am lost on everything else.. Are any of the dinner shows good for kids?

My girl is not a picky eater but my son is chicken fingers and french frys mostly we can get him to eat toast or pancakes for breakfast.

We have 6 each or the quick service and 6 each of the table meal.

My kids have consistantly LOVED Chef Mickeys. It's a buffet (not the greatest food) but Mickey, Minnie, Pluto and Goofy come around to the tables.
I've also heard really good things about The Crystal Palace (meals with Pooh and friends) and breakfast at Ohana (with Lilo and Stitch).

My 7 year old daughter's favorite meal has always been breakfast at Chef Mickey's. We went when she was 3 and again when she was 5. She liked it even more than Cinderella's Royal Table if that tells you anything. We've always had great food there, excellent character interaction, and just an overall fun time. It was a fun atmosphere for the kids. It's definitely a must do for our family.

Forgot to mention...we're going to try several different restaurants we haven't tried on our upcoming trip. I have read extensively about the restaurants, looked at menus on the internet, etc. We are traveling with our 3 year old and 7 year old. I wanted to choose restaurants that my kids would have fun at, but also had good food so as a whole the entire family has a good experience. I can't give you first hand accounts like I did w/ Chef Mickey's, but here are some restaurants we're going to try in June that get good reviews and seem great for kids:

In addition to Chef Mickey's,
Ohana's at the Polynesian resort
Biergarten at Epcot
Coral Reef at Epcot

We've also tried the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater--my daughter (3 at the time really liked--my husband and I only thought it was ok)

We've also done Akershus for dinner before, so that one is a good pick that you have so far.

I agree that Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace are wonderful choices. Both are character buffets so unless you are opposed to doing that I would do both. DD and DS will find what they like on both.
If you only want to do one, I say do whichever characters suit them best.
Crystal Palace is Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore.
Chef Mickey's is Mickey, Minner, Pluto, Goofy and Donald.

Have a wonderful trip.

Oh and one more place. Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL resort. It is a western themed restaurant with an all you can eat skillet and the severs "play" antics on you.....very very fun for the kiddies!!

That is some good suggestions. I figure I have a couple mths before we are 180 days out. I just want to have it planned out so we can enjoy the vacation and not worry so much about were to eat.

For your kids ages I would highly recommend the 'Ohana character breakfast with Lilo and Stitch, Mickey and Pluto.

Coral Reef at Epcot is popular with our kids too.

I agree with Chef Mickey's, Ohana's Best Friends' Breakfast and the Crystal Palace. They have great character interaction, and the breakfast at Ohana's is one of our favorites. Oh, and another great character meal is at the Tusker House for breakfast, at Animal Kingdom.

I'm not too sure if I would go back to Planet Hollywood at DTD, despite the coupon. The seating is VERY crowded and there is a whole lot going on, almost too much. And that's compared to character meals! Maybe it's because my children were 5 and 10 months at the time, and the baby was not very comfortable there.

Your kids are gonna have a great time! Don't forget your autograph books!

I can't help much, as we only had 3 character meals out of our 6 total, but here are my opinions:

**Definitely Akershus for breakfast. We had a great meal/time there. It was my DH's favorite meal out of the 6 TS we had!

**Also, one I had not seen mentioned yet was 1900 Park Fare. We happened to stop in right at dinner opening hoping to score a table (We had an ADR for the next evening, but this day worked out much better for us!) My DD was chatting it up with a manager there, and they ended up picking her to help open the restaurant that day--very neat! The food, which is buffet, was good, not great, but the character interaction was great!

**Crystal Palace was also very nice for breakfast. We wanted a breakfast ADR so that we could get into the park before it officially opened. That was neat being able to see the park sans crowds. The food was pretty good. The setup is nice, and the characters were good too.

I would go to Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's.

My friend's kids (2 & 3) loved both of these places--and so did we.

We did Crystal Palace, 1900 Park Fare, Chef MIckey's, Garden Grill, Hollywood Vine Character Lunch in 2007 and had a great time at all of them. My son was 4.5 and my daughter was 2.5 at the time. We are planning a Dec. 2010 trip and I think we will do most of them again. THe buffets are nice b/c they offer lots of options and I love seeing characters at meal times (then we don't have to wait in lines to see them during the day...) Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter