Best resort for MW

OnePrincessMom

Mouseketeer
Planning on marathon weekend in 2021. My niece will do either the half or the full and i will do the 10k. Is there a resort that is better location over others? Do they all have early transportation? Discounts? Total newbie to run Disney events, advice welcomed! Thanks.

Planning on marathon weekend in 2021. My niece will do either the half or the full and i will do the 10k. Is there a resort that is better location over others? Do they all have early transportation? Discounts? Total newbie to run Disney events, advice welcomed! Thanks.

All resorts will have transportation to and from the events. Discounts are going to be very hard to come by for any resort with the opening of Galaxy’s Edge. I don’t think you can really tag one as “best” for the weekend. I’d suggest just looking for one that appeals to you and fits your budget and roll with it.

We stayed at All Star Movies this past January and didn’t have any problems with transportation. We were pretty pleased with our resort.

We were able to apply the Military discount, which I think was about 12%. I booked the room shortly after we registered for the marathon and called to have the discount applied as soon as they announced the discounts.

How do you define best? Will you have a car? What races are you running? Do you have spectators?

If you have spectators and are running the half or full. I like the Poly for spectators as they can walk to the TTC see you there, walk back and see you in front of the Poly after they exit the magic kingdom and then you can take the monorail to see them at the finish.

Boardwalk area resorts are nice if you are running the 10k or Full because you can spectate around the boardwalk.

For runners:
For the Expo I much prefer driving
For the 5 and 10k I've found driving is the most convenient followed by the buses
For getting to the half and full my order of preference is Monorail, Driving, Bus
For getting back to the resort after the half and full my preference is Driving, Bus, Monorail (and with monorail I much prefer poly because I can walk right to the room from the TTC rather than transferring and waiting in line again)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!