Best resort to watch Magic Kindom 4th of July fireworks from?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
Which resort has the best viewing for Magic Kingdom July 4th fireworks? July 3rd is my daughters birthday and we hope to get a room for one night and do dinner and fireworks. We watched from the dock at the Grand Floridian last year and loved it but want to try something different. Im thinking Contemporary will be best but wanted to see if anyone had any advice or experiences to share. We are AP's and cannot actually get into MK on 7/3. Thanks!

Im thinking Contemporary will be best but wanted to see if anyone had any advice or experiences to share. We are AP's and cannot actually get into MK on 7/3. Thanks!
Not many great views from the Contemporary. Front green space bordering the parking lot or the 4th Floor Observation area just out the doors from the Fantasy Market store.

You could take a Monorail to the TTC and watch from near the Ferry boat dock. You go to the Poly beach for the best overall view of the fireworks.

Dave

I ended up at the dock at the TTC last year and it was kinda spectacular from there. They set up extra spots to send off the fireworks from and they had the music blaring. There were way more people there than I thought would be and it was a pretty different experience. I'm sure there are better spots but it definitely stands out for me!

Not many great views from the Contemporary. Front green space bordering the parking lot or the 4th Floor Observation area just out the doors from the Fantasy Market store.

You could take a Monorail to the TTC and watch from near the Ferry boat dock. You go to the Poly beach for the best overall view of the fireworks.

Dave
I see great minds think alike lol

I don't want to be the kill joy but my suggestion is to skip MK and view Epcot 4th of July fireworks. They are INCREDIBLE! By far surpass MK's imho. However, vantage point would be inside of Epcot and not at any Epcot resort. Our spot is by Canada and we have been very pleased.

Either way, enjoy your 4th and I am sure you will have great firework views from an MK resort. But, maybe think about Epcot -- you won't be disappointed.

Best centered view is the TTC ferry dock. But it's not as magical as being at one of the resorts. Best balance of nice experience with centered view would be the beach at the Polynesian. You need to be staying there though. On July 4th they will limit access to resort guests only.

Which resort has the best viewing for Magic Kingdom July 4th fireworks? July 3rd is my daughters birthday and we hope to get a room for one night and do dinner and fireworks. We watched from the dock at the Grand Floridian last year and loved it but want to try something different. Im thinking Contemporary will be best but wanted to see if anyone had any advice or experiences to share. We are AP's and cannot actually get into MK on 7/3. Thanks!
Biased as we own at Bay Lake Tower. You could rent some DVC points with the "theme park view" category. Also, you can go to the top of Bay Lake where there is a viewing platform. Part of the platform is for DVC but most it is open to guests staying at the resort.

I've attached three of our pictures:
  • BLT Theme Park View room
  • BLT viewing area 16th floor just outside Villain's Lair
  • Walk way from the Contemporary (exit 5th floor) to Bay Lake Tower. Lots of folks will stand here to watch the fireworks. Plus you can go to one of the Contemporary restaurants or any other restaurants along the Monorail resorts.
Hope this helps. As others have suggested certainly a good idea to watch EPCOT's fireworks for July 4th.

Attachments

• Theme Park View BLT.jpg
    Theme Park View BLT.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 4
  • BLT Top 16th floor.jpg
    BLT Top 16th floor.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Breeze Way to BLT 5th floor.jpg
    Breeze Way to BLT 5th floor.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 4
Walk way from the Contemporary (exit 5th floor) to Bay Lake Tower. Lots of folks will stand here to watch the fireworks.
Just a clarification the sky bridge from the CR is on the 4th floor. It connects to the 5th floor of the BLT. It can get quite warm and crowed on the sky bridge .

Dave

We stayed at the Poly one year for my birthday. It was packed. My kids went to get something from the car and were asked several times if they were leaving because so many people were looking for parking.

The pool bar had a long wait and most of the people weren’t even staying there. There were many people leaving the resort after the fireworks.

From previous posts it seems like they no longer allow so many people

We stayed at Contemporary a couple of years ago (was in May not July 4) and watched the fireworks from that outdoor patio area on the same floor as Chef Mickey's but at the other end of the building. Really enjoyed it and you don't have to deal with the mass of people leaving MK at the end of the show. It was never very crowded when we were there. I would trade the 'best' viewing area (which tends to be subjective) for someplace without huge crowds and only a few steps away from our hotel room.

I thought I recall an older thread that certain areas of Poly are restricted to those staying there at certain times of the year (like July 4). Maybe you can search around and find those threads.

We stayed at the Poly one year for my birthday. It was packed. My kids went to get something from the car and were asked several times if they were leaving because so many people were looking for parking.

The pool bar had a long wait and most of the people weren’t even staying there. There were many people leaving the resort after the fireworks.

From previous posts it seems like they no longer allow so many people
We stayed at Contemporary a couple of years ago (was in May not July 4) and watched the fireworks from that outdoor patio area on the same floor as Chef Mickey's but at the other end of the building. Really enjoyed it and you don't have to deal with the mass of people leaving MK at the end of the show. It was never very crowded when we were there. I would trade the 'best' viewing area (which tends to be subjective) for someplace without huge crowds and only a few steps away from our hotel room.

I thought I recall an older thread that certain areas of Poly are restricted to those staying there at certain times of the year (like July 4). Maybe you can search around and find those threads.

Yes on 7/4 itself access to the beach is restricted to Poly guests. It's been that way for a number of years, it would just be too crowded otherwise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter