Best rooms at different DVC resorts?

Magnus Warness

Disney fan from Norway
Hi guys!

Me and my fiancé have just purchased 220 points at the Polynesian.
We will be going for the first time in 2018 for 18 nights, splitting out stay with 9 nights as Jambo house and 9 nights either at the Polynesian or at the Grand Floridian/Bay Lake (we have waitlisted both). I was just wondering what people's favourite rooms/areas at different resorts are? I know we're having a savannah view this time, so if someone has a tip on which rooms have the best view at Jambo house that would be great.

But also just let me know which rooms or areas have the best views at any resort, and please do feel free to post photos and experiences. It's good to know in case one would want to request rooms.

The floor is yours good people of the DIS!::MinnieMo::MickeyMo

Personally not a huge fan of split stays, BUT that's simply a personal preference. If I was going to split though I would definitely do so between an Epcot resort (we prefer BWV, can't go wrong with BCV either though) and an MK resort. If you threw AK in there, you'd get to experience 3 very different resort experiences which is cool. We've actually never stayed at AK (although we've heard great things). We've just become very spoiled with the convenience of BWV, where we usually stay. When we can't get BWV we go with BLT usually.

We usually have a simple request for anywhere we stay... Highest Floor Available. At BWV, if we have a Garden/Pool view room we request "near the elevator" along with highest floor. Boardwalk view room's we just stick with highest floor for our request.

We usually get a one bedroom Lake View at BLT and last time we made a request for room 7610 with the following additional notes:
First priority is a floor near the walkway (floors 4, 5, or 6).
Second priority is a room on the north end of the building
Third priority is an even numbered room.

We wanted to be near the floor with the walkway so we would't have to rely on the elevators (they can get very congested), but we did not want to be near the actual walkway because it can get noisy. I don't remember the actual room number, but we ended up with a room on the 5th floor (the floor with the walkway) on the north end with an even numbered room. It actually had a partial theme park view... we were even able to catch some of the fireworks above space mountain. We couldn't have been happier!

I'm sure you know that asking someone else for "the best view" doesn't always work. I remember one time, at BCV, someone had raved about the view from their villa, and the next time I went to BCV, I couldn't believe my good fortune to get that same room. However, as soon as I got there and stood out on the balcony-road noise. Maybe it wasn't loud enough for them, but it sure made the view seem no-so-great to me. On the other hand, people often complain about their tree views, where there isn't much to see except trees. I love those views-DH and I are bird-watchers, and were thrilled on one trip when a Cooper's Hawk was sitting in a nearby tree every morning to greet us. In case you like golf, here's our favorite view at OKW-

This is like asking "what's the best color." Everyone's favorite is different. Different people like different rooms or sections based on their own personal criteria.

Personally, I like Kidani better than Jambo. I like the lake view rooms in the center section at BLT. I like the a lake view on the third floor in Moorea at PVB. And I like standard views in the farthest section at BWV.

Had a magical view of Disney Springs from Congress Park second floor for 2 weeks.

Since you paid a premium to purchase Poly, the highest location at WDW (tied with VFG) why would you stay anywhere else?

Magnus, Hvordan har du det?

As to one suggestion, if you are doing a standard view at GFV, ask for a high floor. You don't want to get stuck with this:
PorteCochere.jpg

Realize that the time of the year you are going is a big factor in getting a studio. GFV studios are very difficult to book at seven months out. One bedrooms are not as difficult (we've gotten a one bedroom in May twice now). BWV and BCV are especially tough to get during F&W. Marathon is another busy time. Also know that requesting a specific villa is going to make it hard. Request a location, floor, building instead. With Jambo House, you are going to be located on the fifth floor (unless you already booked the Concierge studios on the sixth floor). Savanna is usually better than standard (which is pool view) or value (where you get no choice in view).

I'm sure you know that asking someone else for "the best view" doesn't always work. I remember one time, at BCV, someone had raved about the view from their villa, and the next time I went to BCV, I couldn't believe my good fortune to get that same room. However, as soon as I got there and stood out on the balcony-road noise. Maybe it wasn't loud enough for them, but it sure made the view seem no-so-great to me. On the other hand, people often complain about their tree views, where there isn't much to see except trees. I love those views-DH and I are bird-watchers, and were thrilled on one trip when a Cooper's Hawk was sitting in a nearby tree every morning to greet us. In case you like golf, here's our favorite view at OKW-

That's similar to our favorite view at OKW.

At Jambo, request room overlooking Arusha savanna, along Zebra Trail, away from the lobby (gives very good view and puts you in a room that faces west and avoids blinding sun coming onto the room in the morning). At BWV, best views are boardwalk view (a booking category), and request higher floor. At BLT. I personlly consider lake view (with a higher floor request) to be better than theme park view, including because you have a risk of getting lower floor (5 or 6) with theme park view whose main and controlling view is of the parking lot in front of BLT. At SSR, if you have preferred view, request Congress Park area, higher floor overlooking lake (one of the best views at WDW)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!