Best salads w/protein

lowe@massed.net

Mouseketeer
I eat low-carb, so I will be looking for places to get a good-sized salad with some un-adorned protein. I like beef, chicken, fish, and shelf-fish, so I'm not particular in that regard. I'm interested in hearing about both counter-service and sit-down restaurants. Any suggestions?

We just got back with someone doing Atkins.

According to her, the chicken ceasar at Cosmic Rays was good, but she had to pick around ALOT of croutons. The salad at Pecos Bill's was better.

I'm not sure what all you can and can't have with, but the Cobb Salad at the Brown Derby is huge and is very fulfilling. It's wonderful too. You can get them to leave off anything you can't have. That's not a problem there at all.

My favorite salad is the one at Liberty Tree Tavern - they have it on the lunch menu not sure about the dinner menu. Anyway, it has honey rubbed chicken, sweet pecans, washington apples, and applewood smoked cheese with field greens and honey vinaigrette. I think it's called the colony salad. Good luck!

There is a great salad at Columbia Harbor House at MK - have them put the dressing on the side it's generous! I also found a great dining section including ATKINS at www.wdwig.com - have fun.

JT

The Patriots Salad at LTT is fantastic. It is only available at lunch though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter