Best strategy to book more than 7 nights at 7 months

Wakey

DIS Veteran
Want to book none home resort next August, not sure which yet, want a 1 bed so availability will be OK in August at 7 month window.
Not sure on which resort, may go Kidani, but also toying with a split- Kidani and Board Walk.
I want 10 days in total- anyone know the best strategy to secure them? I understand (not booked over 7 days before) you can only book 7 days in advance. Do you need to call back every day or add on every day online (if say was staying Kidani the whole 10). Or is there any way to book the lot bang on 7 months?
Also if you do have to make extra bookings, and done online, if you then call will they merge it into one so you do not have to move etc.
Many thanks.
Wakey.

Last edited:
Want to book none home resort next August, not sure which yet, want a 1 bed so availability will be OK in August at 7 month window.
Not sure on which resort, may go Kidani, but also toying with a split- Kidani and Board Walk.
I want 10 days in total- anyone know the best strategy to secure them? I understand (not booked over 7 days before) you can only book 7 days in advance. Do you need to call back every day or add on every day online (if say was staying Kidani the whole 10). Or is there any way to book the lot bang on 7 months?
Also if you do have to make extra bookings, and done online, if you then call will they merge it into one so you do not have to move etc.
Many thanks.
Wakey.
Book the first 7 nights when your 7-month window opens. The following day, call MS to add the 8th night. Do this again the next day to add the 9th night and so on until you have all of your nights booked.

If you attempted to do this online, you would not be able to add the 8th night as a separate reservation until the 7-month window opens for that night. At that point, you would be able to book that night and up to 6 additional nights. However, you run the risk that night #8 will get booked by someone else during that 7-day period between when you made your first reservation and when the booking window opened for night #8.

Book the first 7 nights when your 7-month window opens. The following day, call MS to add the 8th night. Do this again the next day to add the 9th night and so on until you have all of your nights booked.

If you attempted to do this online, you would not be able to add the 8th night as a separate reservation until the 7-month window opens for that night. At that point, you would be able to book that night and up to 6 additional nights. However, you run the risk that night #8 will get booked by someone else during that 7-day period between when you made your first reservation and when the booking window opened for night #8.
Great thanks Marionette. And if I want a split 5/5 I think I will just have to make 2 separate bookings on 7 months for each- correct?

if you think you want to do a split stay -- book the resort that is the hardest to get into first. In this case, BWV would be the harder one. So book it for 7 nights, and then add-on nights 8, 9 and 10 the following 3 days.

When the 7 months comes for the start of your second stay, call MS up and have them change the reservation to your desired days. So if you want to do AKV for the first 5 nights, have them modify the existing reservation to take off the 5 days, and then they can book the other 5 days at AKV for you.

if you have enough points, you could also book the AKV room for the 5 nights (or as many as you have points for) so that you at least have some nights already locked in before 9 am EST. MS could then book the last few nights and modify the existing reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter