Best sushi on WDW properties?

debbiebones

Mouseketeer
I see that there are several places that serve sushi in Epcot, as well as at the Swan. Are there any sushi fans out there and which place do you prefer? i could eat it everyday but I'll probably have to settle for just one night since no one else in my family is a big fan.

thanks,

Deb

California Grill has GREAT sushi! *I just had sushi for lunch today, lol). The Sushi in Epcot isn't bad either, I've never tried the Swan but the restaurant looks real nice.

Matsa-no-ma Lounge!;) I will be there in 15 days to have some!:hyper:

Dh had sushi just tonight at Wolfgang Puck's Cafe and he said it was to die for. He has had sushi at several WDW restaurants (but not Cali-grill) and he said this has been by far the best he's had.

I'm from NYC, so we had great sushi here. It's tough to compare WDW sushi to NYC. Nonetheless.... CA Grill COULD have good sushi. It really depends. I dined there multiple times, sometimes it's great, sometimes they send us warm rolls. :(

Swan is just OK. Nothing to be thrilled. I still like offsite HanaMizuKi. It's a great authentic Japanese restaurant, even for those who may not like sushi.

I'd definitely go offsite for sushi (and even seafood).

i was convinced i would never eat sushi until the first time i ate at CalGrill. decided i would try it, and i lucked out, because out waitress that night was an abassador for sushi. told her i had never had it before, she told me to try the sampler, brought it to me, explained everything on the plate, how to eat it and such, all w/o any attitude. that was almost 6 years ago, and now if i don't have it once a week, i start looking at the calendar trying to figure out when i can go next.

in addition, i've had it at wolfgang puck's several times and that's one of my favorite places for it.

i think the place in the swan is called kimonos, i could be wrong, never been there. and i know that they have it in japan in world showcase, of course, but i always eat at the teppanyaki place when we go there, and they won't serve sushi in the teppanyaki room, even as an appetizer. that was disappointing.

Jimwebster,
My DH had sushi at Teppanyaki in May. So, unless things have changed they do serve it there.

Hey! In all my years of reading these boards, I've never heard of anyone else who's been to and loved HANAMIZUKI! It's by far the best and most authentic Japanese restaurant in the Orlando area!

If you want really authentic, freshly prepared Japanese food, Hanamizuki is the place to go.

Originally posted by Belle5
Jimwebster,
My DH had sushi at Teppanyaki in May. So, unless things have changed they do serve it there.

I think they meant that it wasn't served in the Hibachi rooms, which it is not. There are several different dining areas and lounges in the Teppanyaki complex.

We've had sushi at The Japanese pavilion in Epcot (Teppanyaki) and at Kimono's in the Swan. They were both pretty good but we preferred Teppanyaki. We've never eaten sushi at California Grill or Wolfgang Puck's, so we can't rate those.

I've dined at Teppanyaki 12 times over the last year and everytime, we could get sushi's (California Rolls for me, love those!) right at our seat at the table.

Regarding California Grill... the California Rolls I had there were on par with the ones at Mitsukoshi... Slight difference... the price! Same number of rolls, except they were 18$ at California Grill!

Seriously, that meal at California Grill costed me the same money as I'd have spent at Victoria & Albert...

We really enjoyed the sushi that we had at Tempura Kiku, in Japan at Epcot.
Cheers!
Heather W

Could anyone tell me exactly where Hanamizuki is? We will be there in less than a week and love sushi. We have been eating at the CG but would love to try somewhere new. Thanks all. - Nancy

I've had the sushi at Cali Grill, Tempura Kiku and Wolfgang Pucks. All are good, with Cali Grill being the best. I'd say it's a tie between the other two, but I love the fun, sushi bar atmosphere at Tempura Kiku.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter