Best Things a Concierge Can Help With

Tjkane28

A Bit Goofy
First Timer Question # 383

What are some cool things to have the concierge help you with while at WDW?

Any good anecdotes?

;)

Peace

They pretty much just help with priority seating arrangements.

Unfortunately, no cool stories. Though, I have seen them forced to endure more verbal abuse from resort patrons, then anyone has the right to expect.
Of course, there is the usual dinner and/or show reservations. But, there is one thing I have never seen mentioned. That is the mailing of packages, as long as you pay the cost of the mailing. Especially useful, if one has gifts to send home, and one is continuing one's vacation after WDW, and one does not want to lug the gifts along with one, until one gets home.
Enjoy one's next vacation to WDW.

I've had them book dining, I take care of my own spa treatment appointments. The AKL pre-planning office was able to find out some info in advance once for me that hadn't been publicly announced yet (wasn't a huge secret or anything) that helped me plan my visit.

I have also seen the concierge folks take a lot of abuse from people. But, the YC concierge wouldn't make a simple phone call to lost and found at the Poly for us, which I thought was pretty lame, and I didn't think was an outrageous request.

Anne

We used GF-Sugarloaf concierge for priority seating. At 4:00 they were able to make same day 6:00 reservation for us at Rainforest Cafe at Downtown Disney. When we got their they noted that concierge made the ressies, and we were seated within 5 minutes. Usually it would take 1/2 hour to be seated.
Had similiar white glove treatment at other events they made the reservations for(Cinderella's Castle breakfast, Mama Melrose, etc)

Concierge at AKL were able to arrange 'pillow gifts' for my daughter.

Don from concierge shopped for 9 safari animals toys and each night had one placed on her pillow. It was fun to come back to the room each night to see what had been done... my daughter would drag me back running...

Also - they were able to book breakfast with cinderella even though it had been sold out for months.

We also booked Hoop Dee Doo... and when were arrived we were suprised to see we were front and centre.. our table was for two right in front of the stage... I asked the server - why such a great table when we booked so late... he said "VIP" status beside our names on the booking.

I had asked the concierge about transportation to MK for our early breakfast at 8:05am... when the park didn't open till 9am - she assured me not to worry about it and a character breakfast coach would be there at 7:45am.

The next morning when I went out to the buses,,, the concierge was out there with her walki-takie and there was a big bus sitting there waiting to take us... she greated us by name and told us to have a wonderful day at the park.

One afternoon we had a change of plans because it was raining and decided to go to BOMA for dinner... I stopped by the restaurant and they had nothing available till 8:45pm... (it was 5:00pm when I asked)

I stopped by the concierge lounge and mentioned Boma was full - she made one phone call - then asked me what time I wanted? I told her 6:30 and she was able to book it no problem at all...

I can't say enough good things about the concierge staff at AKL.. you really feel like a VIP there...

>>^..^<<

Ok, I'm sold on the AKL concierge! :Pinkbounc As if the sunrise safari wasn't enough incentive! The pillow gifts are a great idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter