Best time for dinner at Ariel's Grotto? + Plaza Inn ??s

Dukland

A.K.A Mrs. Incredible
Another post got me thinking, how some times at a character meal are busier than others, and that may mean you don't get as much character interaction. So, when would the best time for dinner at Ariel's Grotto be? My dd is 5.5 years old, so she will really be enjoying the Princesses. My ds is 2.5 years, and he will like them, too, I am sure. I just want to make sure my kids get the most out of the character meal.

Also, we will likely schedule our character breakfast at the Plaza Inn. Does this close at 11 AM? We have a 5 day hopper, and have EE & Toontown Madness, which we will utilize on different days. I am thinking we will do Ariel's Grotto for dinner the first day we are there, as I know we won't be moving too early that day. I just need to figure out which day, and what time, to schedule a breakfast at the Plaza Inn.

Thanks for any input.

I havent eaten at Ariels, so I dont have a lot of input on that. But, I have had breakfast at the plaza. What I recomend is a late breakfast on an early entry day. Maybe 10:10 or so (they make PS in 10 minute intervals). Eat a light snack, get to the park early, get in some rides and collect some fast passes. Then go relax for a nice breakfast.

When I made our PS for the plaza I was going to make a slightly later time. The cm making the arrangements for us recomend the 10:10 time slot. He said if we made it later then that, some of the characters would be leaving before we finished.

I don't know that it really make a difference when it comes to Ariel's. I've been when it wasn't busy and when it was packed. You get to see every princess (all 5 of them) no matter what. And I honestly didn't notice too much of a difference in the amt. of time they spent with us on a busy day vs. a slow day.

Hi! DD (5) and I are now Southern California residents!! We just moved from the Washington DC area. We just bought our annual passes to Disnayland! :banana:

Okay now on to the topic. I agree with the first poster and would schedule a later breakfast at the plaza inn. It always seems more relaxed for me.

We were just at Ariels yesturday and had a 4:30 dinner ressie. This was wonderful. My dd normally eats dinner around five or so. We had more than plenty of time with the Princesses as the place was almost empty when we arrived but when we left there was already a wait.

I hope this helps!!

:)
DDChad said:
When dining at the Minnie and Friends breakfast it's usually a good idea not to book after 9:30 a.m. since they close at 11:00 a.m. and you are allowed to stay for an hour and a half. The characters leave and they start cleaning up the buffet at 11:15.

Ariel's has gotten so popular that there really isn't a time that is better than another, we fully book the restaurant every day. We rarely have same day or even next day seatings there anymore. I can tell you one time you don't want to book there. If you are interested in seeing the Block Party Bash Parade (If there is one on the day that you go) you do not want to book between 4:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. as that parade always occurs at 5:15. If there is an electrical parade I recommend booking no later that say 6:10 p.m. if you want to give yourself enough time to get a good spot. I hope this helps a little. :)

GREAT information! Thank you! :)

We're at DLR right now and did Plaza Inn yesterday and Ariel's today.

Plaza Inn:
Previous posters are correct when they say do not book too late. We booked the last seating of the morning: 10:30 and Fairy Godmother and Tigger never made it to our table. We did see Minnie, Chip and Dale, and Eyeore, but only after waiting quite a while. I was disappointed since we saw the characters while we were eating, but some just never came to us. I liked that we used this as a brunch, but if I had known then what I know now, I would have booked at 10 or 10:10. Those eating just before us seemed to see everyone.

Ariels:
Don't know about dinner, but I can say, based on lunch experiences, to book the earliest seatings if you want to eat inside. We had the earliest lunch seating: 11:30 and sat inside. (They seem to seat everyone inside, then move outside). Last time there we had an 11:40 appt and sat inside, but it took a while for the princesses to make it to our table. Today, we were one of the first to leave because the princesses came to us first! :thumbsup2 The later seatings had the unfortunate luck to sit outside in the cold overcast skies. We saw many cold little princesses. In the summer it can be hot outside. So ask the CM when making your ADR about eating in or outside if you have a preference.

Hope this helps!

Chad, thanks for the recommendations. I appreciate it! I will be calling exactly 60 days out so I can get whatever time I wish on the day we wish for dinner at Ariel's!
So, if we want to see both the Block Party Bash and the Electrical Parade, would 6 PM be a good time at Ariel's? Would that give us enough time to see the Block Party Bash, have a nice dinner, then find a good spot for the Electrical Parade? We went to Disneyland last year for the first time as a family, and we didn't spend much time in DCA. So, we missed both of those parades. I remember the Electrical Parade from when I was a kid, and I know my kids will enjoy it. And they love Toy Story, too, so I think Block Party Bash shouldn't be missed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter