Best time to book a Disney World Resort, planning to go in February 2019

Just_Dave

Earning My Ears
Hello all.

We are booking our first family vacation to Disney World and we are planning on going in February of 2019. I'm trying to figure out the best time to book the trip. We are looking to stay on a Disney resort. We want to book pretty far in advance but at this point you can only book til the end of December 2018,

Thanks Everyone,

You can call and book a "room only" reservation up to 499 days out. The price cannot be confirmed upon reserving, and will probably be adjusted when rates are finalized. Once dates/rates/specials are posted, you can convert that Room Only reservation to a package with tickets and dining if you choose to do so.

You can call and book a "room only" reservation up to 499 days out. The price cannot be confirmed upon reserving, and will probably be adjusted when rates are finalized. Once dates/rates/specials are posted, you can convert that Room Only reservation to a package with tickets and dining if you choose to do so.
Then, you can follow the promotions and call Disney to see if they can be applied to your reservation.

The week of 3-2-19, Mardi Gras, is looking Very attractive! Low moderate crowds, we’ll be there.

2-2-19 is predicted to be the least crowded of the year.

I can’t post the link,.....

Last edited:

Book early to secure the room-only reservation you could live with, then keep re-shopping your dates online to see what discounts can be applied. I found some good discounts popped up for our visit at about 2-weeks out. These were promotions that had been going on for a while, but there were no cheap rooms available. As people started to change their plans and cancel reservations, better deals popped up.

The week of 3-2-19, Mardi Gras, is looking Very attractive! Low moderate crowds, we’ll be there.

2-2-19 is predicted to be the least crowded of the year.

I can’t post the link,.....
Excited for this. That is my son's 8th birthday and I'm planning to surprise him fir his first trip.

I book when discounts are released since I won’t pay rack rate. Not all resorts or all room categories will be included in discounts so you may have to be fairly flexible with dates and resorts for discounts. If you are going no matter what and not looking for discounts then book when you can.
Mousesavers.com has a chart of Historical Discounts and you can check for what promos were released in the past for your dates.

Have you considered renting DVC points? We are a family of 5 and are able to stay in a 1 bedroom villa at the Boardwalk by renting DVC points. For us, it would normally be cost prohibitive, even with the discounts that usually come out.

We will be booking March 1st for our January 28 to February 7, 2019, vacation. This is in the 11-month window.

Have you considered renting DVC points? We are a family of 5 and are able to stay in a 1 bedroom villa at the Boardwalk by renting DVC points. For us, it would normally be cost prohibitive, even with the discounts that usually come out.

We will be booking March 1st for our January 28 to February 7, 2019, vacation. This is in the 11-month window.

Totally agree .... DVC points

Am planning a trip for Feb 27-March 10 2019. Will be renting DVC points - for the resorts I want they need to be pretty much booked at the 11 month mark to guarantee the dates I want (non-flexible). I've already lined up an owner from the Disboards rental forum - and we're ready to book a split stay on March 27 and April 4th for next year.

Copper Creek and Beach Club here we come.

So when you call to book the room only, do you pay a downpayment, or the full room cost.
A large part of my planning is around how much our lodging costs, I would feel I need to know the resort/room costs.

So when you call to book the room only, do you pay a downpayment, or the full room cost.
A large part of my planning is around how much our lodging costs, I would feel I need to know the resort/room costs.
Deposit for a room only reservation is one night's rate.

I wouldn't buy tickets until the Fall though, just in case they do a Canadian discount again. They have done it two years in a row and I don't see our dollar improving significantly any time soon so they could do it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!