Best time to go in June?

piratepride

Mouseketeer
We are thinking either the first, second or third week of June 2019. Which is better to avoid locals with annual passes?

The Summer Blockout days are...
  • So Cal Select AP starts June 8
  • So Cal AP starts June 29, but there are additional blocked days the 3rd week in June (starting Weds. June 20)
The So Cal AP isn't currently available, but it is the most popular and the lcals keep them renewed to make sure they don't lose them. AP holders tend to cram in as much park time as possible before the major blockout periods start.

2018 or 2019?

2019 is hard to predict - we don’t know when SW will open, nor what they will do with the annual passes and black out calendars for that yet.

2018 I would say you’ll have to balance the AP blackouts with when schools let out. Personally I’d go when less schools are out, probably the second full week.

Considering going next summer for a few days. I'm thinking of July because I want to see Star Wars and I'm worried it won't open by June. We usually go in June and the crowds are fine. October evenings are way worse. Try to go later in June for more blackouts and grad parties to be over .

We are there the week of the 18th and I’m not worried. Most passes are blocked, and most rides will be up and running-it’ll be fine :).

I'm booked the 19-25th and TERRIFIED. :scared::scared::scared:

You'll be okay on those dates, except the 24 & 25th will be an ABSOLUTE MADHOUSE, through the 28th, because that is the only chance for So Cal APs to see Pixar Pier all summer, until the last week of August when the blackouts are lifted.

2018 or 2019?

2019 is hard to predict - we don’t know when SW will open, nor what they will do with the annual passes and black out calendars for that yet.

2018 I would say you’ll have to balance the AP blackouts with when schools let out. Personally I’d go when less schools are out, probably the second full week.

Lots of area districts are done by the end of the first week of June. My kids are done June 8 this year (will be June 7 next year).

Lots of area districts are done by the end of the first week of June. My kids are done June 8 this year (will be June 7 next year).
We will stay five nights with four day park hopper passes. We will purchase the Max Pass each day too. I would think we should have plenty of time do everything in fours days.

Last edited by a moderator:
We will stay five nights with four day park hopper passes. We will purchase the Max Pass each day too. I would think we should have plenty of time do everything in fours days.

Are you taking into account Star Wars land crowds? Rumor has it opening by Memorial day weekend...

Are you taking into account Star Wars land crowds? Rumor has it opening by Memorial day weekend...
That's why we are going! My kids can't wait to see it and we are WDW regulars but it is not rumored to open at WDW until fall. Our kids are too busy during the school year to take them out to see it in Florida.:chewy:

We are thinking either the first, second or third week of June 2019. Which is better to avoid locals with annual passes?

Local schools mostly start getting out mid-June, some are in as late as the 3rd week. The first week should definitely be lighter, especially in the mornings, as the local crowd will be in school.
Also, us locals with passes don’t bite ;-) Blackout dates are done during peak times, that’s not always the best time to go.

The rumors I’ve been hearing now say that SWL won’t open until after D23 in August-who really knows though!

The rumors I’ve been hearing now say that SWL won’t open until after D23 in August-who really knows though!

Oh, really? I haven't heard that one. D23 being so late was mostly a scheduling issue with the convention center.

I really think it will be ready in a year. It is SO far along already, I can't imagine it taking longer than that.

Things change, but they originally said it would be open before D23 .During the last D23 they said something like by this time in 2 years Star Wars land will be open st Disneyland.

I'm not betting on Memorial Day weekend as they didn't rush to get the Pier ready by then :(. Also, they've yet to make changes to the AP structure. Plus they want to get the parking structure open. And I think they will want all the locals blocked out. July makes more sense. I'd like to wait to book our trip until I know for sure. But if I wait I won't be able to use timeshare points. Decisions, decisions .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!