Best time to visit in the summer?

KY_Minnie

Mousketeer
When is the best time to visit Disney World in the summer? How are crowds? How is the weather? This would be my first trip to WDW in the summer!

We like to visit around August 15th. Florida schools start the second week of August. Some school districts in other states start around the 21st. It is crowded still, because some schools start day after Labor Day (We still do!!!). As far as weather goes, expect upper 90's, with feel like temperatures 100+ ( not uncommon), high humidity and daily showers. It doesn't rain all day, but you can plan on a shower a day, usually between 1 and 3. Also, you need to be prepared - it's hurricane season. (You can usually find some (what we consider) a very good deal!)

Would never recommend going in June/July/August as Florida is far too HOT/HUMID to be enjoyable when doing that much walking outdoors at Disney.

We’ve done summer trips dozens of times due to school/sports team commitments. For June the earlier the better for lower crowds. July is pretty busy, but mid to late August is also pretty good because many school districts/colleges are back in session. The weather will be hazy, hot and humid (with high dew points) and pretty uncomfortable unless you’re used to that type of weather. And it will rain at least a little pretty much every day (but usually not all day). Have a plan for staying cool - go to a pool in the mid-afternoon, stay hydrated, and basically don’t push yourself.

Hot. Humid. Boiling. Blazing sun.
Crowded beyond crowded; I'd say the only more crowded time is the Winter holidays.
I avoid FL as much as possible during summers and I used to live there, so it's not like I am unaccustomed to the climate.

We went to Universal Orlando twice in August 2018 and 2019, and we're considering a Disney trip in August 2020. The weather is terrible, but it's tolerable if you're willing to take breaks in the middle of the day. We usually go to the parks early in the morning, take a break in the afternoon, and go back in the evening. We spend the afternoons at the pool or a water park. The nice thing about mid-late August is that a lot of schools are back in session, so crowds are a little lower. Our schools don't start until late August or early September, so it's a good time for us to go on vacation.

If you don't want to take a mid-day break, you can survive the heat by spending the afternoon in air-conditioned shows and rides. But we get tired and don't mind taking a break.

We've also visited Disney over Christmas/New Years and Easter. The weather is far better during those times of year, but the crowds make me crazy. I've decided I'd rather have heat than extreme crowds.

If Summer is a must, I'd go end of AUG.
YES it's HOT, yes there will be a rain shower somewhere everyday, but the crowds will be less because of school starting.
Also, it's so easy to pack- summer clothing only!!

We have only gone in July/Aug because of work and kids being in school. It is hot but it is hot where we live at that time of the year also. Unless you have medical issues and are in poor health or physical shape, Summers are a good time to go, at least for us. We take a mid day break and stay hydrated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!