Best Title Company Right Now

TexasChick123

Always Dreaming of Our Next Vacation
DVC Silver
I’m just wondering what the best title company is at the moment. The fees vary widely as well as the customer service provided. We’ve used a few different ones over the years, but they seem to change so much.

I’m just wondering what the best title company is at the moment. The fees vary widely as well as the customer service provided. We’ve used a few different ones over the years, but they seem to change so much.
We had Nancy Kirsh (sp?) with *** in 2016 & Cammie Smith with First American with the contract that was ROFRd in March. Both were excellent & extremely responsive. I think it’s more the individual you’re assigned to than the company itself.

I prefer First American Title because of the 3 I've used (Timeshare Title & More, Magic Vacation Title, and First American), they are the only ones who allow you to put a deposit up to $2,000 on a credit card without processing fees.
I agree, we are using First American now and the ability to use a cc for our deposit was nice. We've also used Magic Vacation and they were great as well, wish they would allow cc for deposits though.

Jeffrey Sweet is the best, quickest, and most responsive. I've used First American, *** and Jeffrey Sweet over the years.
Should I be kicking myself bc we signed last week on another resale and when I saw Jeffrey sweet, esq, I said oh no! What’s this?! An attorney instead of a title company?? And then found out that he didn’t take a cc so I asked if they had another suggestion, which was ***. I took that. Reading all the love for Jeffrey Sweet looks like I should’ve stayed with what I had?

Should I be kicking myself bc we signed last week on another resale and when I saw Jeffrey sweet, esq, I said oh no! What’s this?! An attorney instead of a title company?? And then found out that he didn’t take a cc so I asked if they had another suggestion, which was ***. I took that. Reading all the love for Jeffrey Sweet looks like I should’ve stayed with what I had?
No, you shouldn’t.

I used *** for one resale contract, hated their communication (read: lack thereof) and how long things took. My other resale contract was with Jeffrey Sweet, great communication closed in just over thirty days.

But fast forward six months and closed is closed. I imagine in six years I’d be hard pressed to recall who handled which contract and what all my bellyaching was about in the first place.

We only close with First American now, and we make that part of the terms of every offer we put in. We have closed with 3 other title companies over the course of our dvc resale buying experience and there have been issues/delays (some minor, some more serious) which we have never had with First American. It usually costs us about $120-$170 more, but using FA is one of my husband’s non-negotiable requirements for our purchases now.

For some reason, FATCO seems slow to close for our purchase. We sent check and closing docs out on Monday, so they got them Tuesday. Still have not closed, today is Saturday. Our sale, with Magic Vacation Title, closed a day after all the documents were received, and they quickly wired us the funds. (which we needed for the purchase via FATCO).

In our case, we are not in a huge hurry for the points, but some people might be. I did get to use my CC for the deposit with FATCO, did not realize that was unusual. That was greatly appreciated, made it easier to keep all the balls in the air with juggling a sale and purchase at almost the same time.

For some reason, FATCO seems slow to close for our purchase. We sent check and closing docs out on Monday, so they got them Tuesday. Still have not closed, today is Saturday. Our sale, with Magic Vacation Title, closed a day after all the documents were received, and they quickly wired us the funds. (which we needed for the purchase via FATCO).

In our case, we are not in a huge hurry for the points, but some people might be. I did get to use my CC for the deposit with FATCO, did not realize that was unusual. That was greatly appreciated, made it easier to keep all the balls in the air with juggling a sale and purchase at almost the same time.

They could very well still be waiting on the seller. If I recall from my recent experience with them, they let me know once they received the seller's docs and gave me a closing date at that point.

No, you shouldn’t.

I used *** for one resale contract, hated their communication (read: lack thereof) and how long things took. My other resale contract was with Jeffrey Sweet, great communication closed in just over thirty days.

But fast forward six months and closed is closed. I imagine in six years I’d be hard pressed to recall who handled which contract and what all my bellyaching was about in the first place.

I agree, I really don't like *** and am working with them now as the seller. There is no communication unless I push for it. Haven't heard from my broker either basically in almost whole process, don't really care for them either!

Renee, you'll be okay, but you will just probably have to email them to do check-in's about status. My process has still moved fairly quickly but again, I email them once a week.

Renee, you'll be okay, but you will just probably have to email them to do check-in's about status. My process has still moved fairly quickly but again, I email them once a week.
Ok, good to know... at what point do you check in? And “what” are you checking on per se?

Ok, good to know... at what point do you check in? And “what” are you checking on per se?

I emailed them after ROFR was waived, I waited a few days then asked about my closing documents. They were then sent the very next day. My situation is different because I'm the seller, but as the buyer you would still ask about your closing docs if you didn't get them in a reasonable amount of time (I see some people on here waiting a month for their closing docs???? that's too long IMO). I had several other things that are unrelated to your situation that I had to contact them about so I can't really give advice about anything else, but check out closing time board for the different steps.

For a private sale or name change, I'd either do it myself or use LT Transfers.

First American was great about keeping me informed on my recent purchase. They emailed me when they got my paperwork, when they got the seller's paperwork, and when the transaction closed.

If I recall correctly, when they sent me my paperwork, they also sent me a copy of the seller's paperwork, and it included the seller's Fed Ex label. The tracking number is on the label. First American emailed me that they had received my paperwork but not the seller's. The next night I was planning to go to fedex.com to check the tracking number for the seller's paperwork, to see if they had shipped it back yet, but there was no need because I got the email from First American that the seller's paperwork had arrived.

My only complaint about First American is that none of their paperwork asks for your DVC member ID number. For my prior resale purchase, the Magic Vacation Title paperwork did ask that. I was purposely purchasing the same Use Year and titling it the same so that it would be super easy for me to use the new contract in conjuction with my existing contracts to make reservations. I realize that it was my responsibility to make sure they had this information, but frankly I didn't think of it until after I had sent back my paperwork. At that point, I emailed First American and they replied quickly that they would give the number to Disney with my paperwork. (And it was fine.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter