Best Use of an Extra Night?

samara

Mouseketeer
i just convinced my husband that we really need to fly earlier than originally planned so we can hit a park on the arrival day of our super short holiday trip and now I’m freaking out a little about what to actually DO with the time! We’re (me, dh, ds16 and dd19) only going to be there for two nights, two days and now the extra evening and the plan is to focus on holiday activities. We’re doing MVMCP and planning a full day in MK and the next day in Epcot for food booths, storytellers and Candlelight Processional (with dining package). I was originally thinking to spend the extra evening in Epcot, because I’m really afraid we won’t have enough time to fully enjoy those offerings, but now I’m wondering....should I try to get a Slinky Dog FP and hit Jingle Bell Jingle Bam instead? Just can’t decide where my time would be better spent! Any thoughts/opinions appreciated!!

Last edited:
it's unlikely you'll be able to get a FP for Slinky dog dash since those FPs are getting gobbled up by everyone that will be staying onsite prior to your arrival. It's not uncommon for all FPs to be gone until the 3rd or 4th day of people's trips. So in your case, it would be very difficult for you to get SDD FP on your first night.

it's unlikely you'll be able to get a FP for Slinky dog dash since those FPs are getting gobbled up by everyone that will be staying onsite prior to your arrival. It's not uncommon for all FPs to be gone until the 3rd or 4th day of people's trips. So in your case, it would be very difficult for you to get SDD FP on your first night.

Good point...I suppose if we don’t get lucky with a FP we could just wait in line. Looking at the lines app, it looks like it’s at about an hour, which is a pain but doable.

Even if you can’t get SDD FastPass, I think going to HS sounds like a good plan. However, I am biased as I have about the same length of time as you do and that’s what we’re doing. We want to experience all things Xmas in WDW and this park looks like it has a lot of Xmassy things on offer.

Our plans below incase you’re interested.

Day 1: Check into Wilderness Lodge and from about lunchtime to park closing at EPCOT. I know we won’t see everything in that time, but we’re just going to absorb the Xmas atmosphere and see and eat what we can. I also want to try and pop into Beach Club to check out the decorations.

Day 2: MK from park opening until about 4:30 when the party crowds arrive. Quick visit to Grand Floridian to check out the decorations and then dinner at Trails End followed by Carriage Ride.

Day 3: HS for the day inc. JBJB dessert party in the evening. We’re there on a very busy day and not commando style tourers, so our day will probably look like as many rides as we can do in the morning, a rest and swim if it’s warm enough after lunch, and then back for the Xmassy stuff in the evening.

You might notice that we’re there for all things Xmas and aren’t doing MVMCP. But for our dates (when the party is really expensive and likely to sell out) it was cheaper to do both the JBJB dessert party and the sleigh ride, so this is the budget breaking treat that I decided would work better for this crowd-adverse family.
I must admit though, I am a bit disappointed we won’t get to try the party. The parade looks awesome.

Not sure if this helps at all, but have fun with whatever you decide. :santa:

It always helps to hear other people’s plans!! I didn’t know about the carriage ride! We’ll definitely have to try and fit that in next time. We probably won’t get to our hotel (Boardwalk) until at least 5.

I don’t blame you for being apprehensive about the crowds at MVMCP. We did the Halloween party last year and absolutely loved it BUT it wasn’t a sold out party and this one is likely to be. Here’s hoping it won’t be too bad!

That’s definitely a tough one.

If money on tickets isn’t a concern, then I think I would spend those approx. 4 hours at HS.

Otherwise, I think I’d use that time to resort hop or go check out the Xmas trees at Disney Springs and perhaps splash out on something like the Void.

So many great options, never enough time...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter