Best way (or cheapest way) to get groceries to my resort

farcus17

Mouseketeer
With so many options out there I was wondering what people's thoughts are for the best and cheapest way to get groceries. I looking mostly for water, soda and juice. I have gone through all the options.
Order on line at either Wal-Mart, Amazon , Amazon prime now
Garden groccer
Uber it to Public

Just wondering people's experience as far as if the on line ordering is an issue showing up on time and if they charge you to hold it until our late evening flight gets there.

As always I thank you for any tidbit of information you can give me. Thank you!!!

I used garden grocer and prime now last trip.garden grocer was delivered and waiting for us when we arrived and I put an order in with prime now later that day and it arrived within a few hours.(bell services will hold the deliveries until you arrive)
Garden grocer service is good but they are expensive have a limited selection IMO.Prime now is better but you cant get alcohol.
safeway and publix will both deliver and this coming trip I think we are going to try them

I have liked Prime Now best of the options we have tried.
So when do you order from prime now? What are delivery charges to the resort?
I have done garden grocer a few times but it is very pricy. So just exploring options.

So when do you order from prime now? What are delivery charges to the resort?
I have done garden grocer a few times but it is very pricy. So just exploring options.

Last trip we ordered our groceries when sitting at our home airport. The next day, I discovered I needed something else so ordered that morning and it was to me within a few hours..

Delivery was free.

I just looked back at my first order, that we made from our home airport. I had 12 items -

bagels, laughing cow cheese, peanuts, nutrigrain bars, chips/salsa, pickles, deli meat, sliced cheese, paper plates, peanut butter, and granola bars. With tip, it was $34.

The next day we ordered 2 cases of water, protein bars, and more chips, and it was $21 after tip...

After pricing out a grocery delivery service, I have decided to order from Wal-Mart and pick them up myself since we will have a rental car. This option saved me approximately $100 over having a grocery delivery service do it for us.

Due to going to a park after arrival, I will pick up the groceries on Day 2 during our afternoon break.

OK thank you for the information. I might give amazon prime now a shot. It seems to be pretty reasonable. My only worry is ifor it will be a lot problem at the resort. I have not shipped anything to the all star sports resort before and not sure how it is handled there. Amazon prime now you can order produce and dairy as well?

We used Amazon prime now this last trip and we did order milk and fruit (berries, bananas, apples). We also ordered two cases of water, lunch meat, bagels, cream cheese, yogurts and plenty of snacks. We only placed the one order that was less than $40 with tip. I had it in my cart and ready to go. I hit send as well pulled into our resort on DME. It was there at the resort within two hours. However, we'd already hit the pool so I let bell services hold it until we were ready to get it.

Tip for picking it up from bell services: We emptied out a large suitcase and then pulled that down and loaded all we could...both cases of waters, milk, heavier items...and then pulled it upstairs and carried a few bags. Super easy and so much cheaper than GG!

Last time there we had a car so we just did our own grocery stop. I like the thought of using Prime Now though. However, what would be the best option if you did want alcohol? It may not be worth getting if we just wanted one bottle of wine or a six pack of beer. I don't know.

OK thank you for the information. I might give amazon prime now a shot. It seems to be pretty reasonable. My only worry is ifor it will be a lot problem at the resort. I have not shipped anything to the all star sports resort before and not sure how it is handled there. Amazon prime now you can order produce and dairy as well?

We just used Prime Now for our groceries last trip. The selection is mixed, less fresh stuff than Garden Grocer (no bagels?), but tons more non-perishables and lots of non grocery stuff that can get thrown in as well. (Tissues, OTC meds, etc) I believe it is currently a $30 order minimum for free delivery, with a small fee if the total is less than $30. Bell services should have a fridge/freezer to hold cold stuff if they are told. Garden Grocer and We Go Shop seem to be much better about telling bell services about cold items, those were always kept cold for us, Amazon Now despite specifically requesting that they label the cold stuff and request bell services be informed just used their insulation and cold packs. No problems with milk, eggs, or yogurt, but the ice cream was a little soft. If we had been at the resort around when it was delivered it would have been fine, but we didn't get back until 3 hours after. The selection changes frequently. We started putting things in our cart about a week beforehand, and I think each day we had to adjust as an item was no longer available. And you can only place the order for same day, or next day. It's not something you can queue up weeks in advance and mark it done.

I'm not a fan of the high markups that Garden Grocer charges, and We Go Shop's service fee is a bit steep, so Prime Now worked fine for us.

when we used prime now,every single item came in it's own separate paper bag! are we the only ones this happened to?

OK so after hearing the opinions of prime now I decided to go with them. I started to put a cart together so all I have to is click order when we get to the airport.. HOWEVER when I went back to add something half the stuff in the cart was now no longer available.. how does that happen. Pepsi, strawberries and bananas are not things that you would think are out ofor stock anywhere.. any help on this one we leave Friday afternoon..

Isn't there a $5 per package fee at the All Stars for delivery?

I've been doing the Walmart route, using a 1 day rental. I order online, head out to Walmart, and they load it for me. The $10 off $50 codes also help. Since I am already at the store, if there is something we forgot I can pick it up. We normally do a 1 day rental to do this, pick up Giordano's, hit the outlets, etc.

We've used wegoshop in the past, but have not done it lately due to a growing number of negative reviews-didn't care that they shopped at Albertson's and the prices were high. We've had an Amazon delivery of snacks/drinks, but nothing fresh in the past. I've also heard instacart and dizzy dolphin.

Garden Grocer has never been an option, the prices are so high I might as well buy things at the Disney gift shop.

Garden grocer is very high. The prices for the items are high then you add in delivery and a tip you would be close to paying Disney prices. That is why I was hoping that amazon prime now would work out but it's not looking like it will because the items we want are now no longer available after being available for 4 or 5 days. If I could have set my order last week it would have been great but it has to be same day order or day before. Not looking good for us.

Garden grocer is very high. The prices for the items are high then you add in delivery and a tip you would be close to paying Disney prices. That is why I was hoping that amazon prime now would work out but it's not looking like it will because the items we want are now no longer available after being available for 4 or 5 days. If I could have set my order last week it would have been great but it has to be same day order or day before. Not looking good for us.

why not use safeway?

Amazon prime now is awesome but it depends on what you are buying it can be expensive. My husband thought the trip to walmart was worth it. We bought our disney shirts autograph books etc at the same time as storebrand snacks that amazon did not have. But it takes time. You could go by yourself when the kids are in bed.
Amazon prime now was there in two hours that was nice

Have used WeGoShop and they are becoming priced out of the market along with Garden Grocer. The add on fee's make it very hard to justify and you are almost paying "disney prices" for what you get. I will try other options next time, or just do an Uber or Lyft to a store and get it myself.

Have used WeGoShop and they are becoming priced out of the market along with Garden Grocer. The add on fee's make it very hard to justify and you are almost paying "disney prices" for what you get. I will try other options next time, or just do an Uber or Lyft to a store and get it myself.
Exactly. This is great for new users of Uber because the first ride is free I believe and one way is about $10 (Had friends stay at the Wilderness cabins and they Uber'd over to Publix)

I wanted to check back in about the PreOrder from Wal-Mart and pick-up.

I received a text that they had pulled my order and was ready for pick up. I clicked when I was on my way. I pulled into bay, called the phone number and gave them my name and she was out at my car within 2 minutes. They had substituted 3 items and everything they substituted was just a larger size of the item I had ordered, at no additional cost.

It was well worth it for me. I think I will start doing this at home. The only thing I couldn't figure out was how to apply to my Savings Catcher.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!