Best Way to get from Disney Springs to DHS?

scrappinginontario

Looking ahead at next week's weather it appears we're going to need to change up some of our plans as I'm anticipating Typhoon Lagoon will be closed on Tuesday unless the weather forecast changes drastically! (Currently forecasted to be a high of 54o)

At any point do buses travel from DS to the parks? Specifically it looks like we may head to DS next Tuesday morning then head to DHS in the afternoon. Are we best to take a bus to a resort then DHS? If so, which resort is recommended? Normally we would go to Pop as I know it's close to DHS but the walk to the Pop bus stop at DS is a loooong walk! Are there any resorts with closer bus stops at DS that people would recommend when heading to DHS?

TIA!

First, the buses between DS and DHS don't start until after 4 p.m.

You have several options of how to get from DS to DHS:
1) Walk over to Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and take the bus from there to DHS

2) Take a from DS to Disney's BoardWalk, Disney's Yacht Club, Disney's Beach Club or Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin and from there you could either walk along the water on a nice path to entrance of DHS or use the FriendShip boat service from any of those resorts to the DHS entrance.

3) There is the obvious of not using the bus system and taking Uber or Minnie Van

Of course, there are going to any of the other resorts and taking buses from them. For us, we typically do option 2 and then walk from those resorts to DHS. We have done option 1 but that depends are where we are in DS when we are ready to head to DHS. If we are near The Art of Disney or Disney's Days of Christmas, then we just walk over to Saratoga Springs.

I hope that helps some.

Honestly I'd still recommend POP.
Yes its a bit of a hike to the bus at DS but its a short ride from POP to HS and if you happen to have to stand on the bus I'd rather go with a shorter bus ride vs a shorter walk to the DS bus stop.
The only other I'd recommend would be AOA not sure how much closer that stop is at DS.

1) Walk over to Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and take the bus from there to DHS

2) Take a from DS to Disney's BoardWalk, Disney's Yacht Club, Disney's Beach Club or Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin and from there you could either walk along the water on a nice path to entrance of DHS or use the FriendShip boat service from any of those resorts to the DHS entrance.

3) There is the obvious of not using the bus system and taking Uber or Minnie Van

Of course, there are going to any of the other resorts and taking buses from them. For us, we typically do option 2 and then walk from those resorts to DHS. We have done option 1 but that depends are where we are in DS when we are ready to head to DHS. If we are near The Art of Disney or Disney's Days of Christmas, then we just walk over to Saratoga Springs.

I hope that helps some.

Thanks so much! Many great suggestions here that I hadn't thought of.
Honestly I'd still recommend POP.
Yes its a bit of a hike to the bus at DS but its a short ride from POP to HS and if you happen to have to stand on the bus I'd rather go with a shorter bus ride vs a shorter walk to the DS bus stop.
The only other I'd recommend would be AOA not sure how much closer that stop is at DS.
Thanks! I'm guessing your suggestion is what we'll end up doing if we're at the bus side of DS when we're ready to head to DHS.

Slight clarification - buses only run from the parks to DS after 4 (no buses to the parks).

Our preference is #2, we take the first epcot resort bus that arrives and then walk or boat to DHS.

I hope that helps some.

If you walk to DHS, remember that due to the parking lot construction the walk is longer the usual. Personally I would take the bus to one of the boardwalk area resorts, whichever bus shows up first, and the boat to DHS.

For our last trip we started at DS to shop but decided we wanted lunch at POR. Love their create your own pasta bar! It's a nice relaxing boat ride from DS to POR. After lunch we took the bus to DHS.

I would bus to Swan/Dolphin and board the boat from there. By doing this, DHS is the next stop and you will be dropped off at the boat launch which is closer to the entrance of DHS than any of the bus stops or the walking path right now.

I would skip walking to HS until all the construction is over. If you never been to the boardwalk area I would spend a little time over there while you have the chance.

Take the boat from DS to Saratoga, its a nice ride. Then get a bus to HS.
Personally, its going to take a long time to get there (easily close to an hour), I would just get a cab or Uber/Lyft.

Already did it. Thanks to all who offered suggestions. We ended up taking bus to POFQ. (Grabbed beignets...mmm!) then took a bus to dhs. Only part that felt long was the 4 stop loop around POR but figured their guests go that each time they come and go from their resort so I could easily handle it once. ;)

We enjoyed our day and would do it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter