Best way to get perks

Pluto777

DIS Veteran
If you are planning to do a DVC tour onsite at WDW, what is the best way to 'negotiate' a free perk for the time you spennd on the tour? I have heard that they take yo0u by taxi to the presentation, may offer free ice cream or fast passes, any tips on how to ask for these or do they just throw them in or not regardless on whether you ask?

The fastpasses and the ice cream come standard if you take the tour at the SSR base. I think they give you 3 anytime FP for anyone in your party, though the FP might be limited in that you can't use them on the VERY popular rides. (Like FOP.) The only other thing I've heard anyone get is maybe a Disney gift card...but not 100% on that one. Might've been instead of the FP though.

My daughter and son-in-law went on a tour this past Feb. and got 3 anytime fast passes each that were not for the very popular rides, ice cream and $100 Disney gift card.

The guy at the DS kiosk that set everything up, also gave my dh, the 2 month old and me the fastpasses since we were all staying together. We didn't need to ask for any of it. We had an inlaw that came for the day use the baby's Magic Band to access the fast passes and we enjoyed lunch on Disney by using the gift card. That tour worked out great for all of us.

They said it was no pressure and less than an hour. We were staying at SSR so it was easy for them to walk over. They planned a really early tour, maybe 8:30, so we had the whole day ahead for fun.

I'm glad I got the Magic Band as a memento for the baby's first trip even though I knew she wouldn't need it. It came in handy!

I came to add to my post after reading the ones after mine.
We talked to a guy at Disney Springs and he kept talking, he was super nice. If you aren't offered the fp and gift card go to a different sales kiosk and see if they will do any better.

Last edited:
It just depends on what they are offering and the $100 gift card is not offered daily. The ice cream and a ride in a DVC van is common and if you take the full tour and talk to a guide you will usually get the FPs.

If sales are up and they have many touring, you won't be offered as much. If the guides are sitting around with few prospects, you mat be offered a gift card if you attend. The mouse doesn't give anything away unless it benefits him.

:earsboy: Bill

There’s no negotiating. You get what you’re offered. They offer what they are giving at the time.

The fastpasses and the ice cream come standard if you take the tour at the SSR base. I think they give you 3 anytime FP for anyone in your party, though the FP might be limited in that you can't use them on the VERY popular rides. (Like FOP.) The only other thing I've heard anyone get is maybe a Disney gift card...but not 100% on that one. Might've been instead of the FP though.

My cousin took a tour and I went along with her. Signed up at the Princess expo. With no issues we got a ride there, Continental breakfast while waiting, the whole tour, a talk (guide only got a few things skewed), the offer of FPS (was a no park visit), ice cream, she got a $100 GC, and a ride back. Easy.

Pleasant way to spend a couple hours.

We actually have a friend that works for DVC, and we were already DVC owners - so we got the tour without the sales pitch, which was sort of nice. We didn't get FP for it though we were offered the free ice cream! (Also known as the $10,000 bowl of ice cream.)

If sales are up and they have many touring, you won't be offered as much. If the guides are sitting around with few prospects, you mat be offered a gift card if you attend. The mouse doesn't give anything away unless it benefits him.

:earsboy: Bill

This!

You never really know. When we took the tour all we got were coloring books for our then toddlers

We received an offer in the mail for a $50 gift card to do the tour on our next trip. It was something we were planning on doing anyway so it was a nice bonus for us. The offer came with a code and they asked for it when I called to schedule the tour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!