Best way to get to Legoland without renting a car?

chloelovesdisney

DIS Veteran
My son is desperate to visit Legoland one day during our short visit, what is the best and most reasonable way for two people to get there without renting a car? I can't drive so it's not an option. Thanks!

Its about 35 miles from WDW. You could use uber/lyft but the cost might be pretty high.

I know know nothing about it...but I googled Legoland Orlando Shuttle and this came up. http://www.officialticketcenter.com/Legoland-Shuttle-Pick-Up.aspx

Thank you, I think we will likely end up using this. I was hoping for a van service that picked up directly from the resort like we have taken from Disney to Universal for a day, but I haven't found any info on anything similar for Legoland. We'll just take an uber to the shuttle, it's still not so bad.

Its about 35 miles from WDW. You could use uber/lyft but the cost might be pretty high.

I was thinking it would be pretty pricey for an uber although I guess it couldn't hurt to check the price once we are there and weigh it against the shuttle option.

A thread from two years ago about this. I think the same concern still applies:

I don't think Uber is a good option for a ride that far. Mostly because you might not be able to get back! Its two-hours round trip from WDW to Legoland, and unless there happens to be an Uber driver near Legoland when you're ready to leave, you'll have to wait for someone from Orlando to drive there, if anybody comes to get you at all!

Uber is not a taxi dispatch service...its car sharing. Drivers can pick and choose which fares they want to pick up, so there's no dispatcher that will tell somebody to drive an hour to pick up a fare (and the driver won't be compensated for the drive to get you). There might be times and places where Uber drivers will go on long trips, but there's no guarantee one will be available for you when you want to leave Legoland.

Now if Winter Haven happens to have a good number of Uber drivers, then it could work. But you'd need to know that ahead of time or risk a very expensive taxi ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter