Best way to search for availability (short notice)?

SusanDK

DIS Veteran
We don't live far from WDW and have a Class B motorhome so I thought it would be fun to just go for one night to stay at Fort Wilderness.

After searching on the Disney reservations website for nearly half an hour, I'm not finding any availability for a standard site for just one night during the next month.

Is finding short notice availability impossible? We're fine with weekday, off season (whatever that is!). Is it ever possible to get a spontaneous "day of" reservation, maybe a cancellation?

What is the easiest way to search? Do I really have to enter a date, search, see that there is nothing, then go back to the start and change the date, and keep doing this for day after day after day? Is there anywhere that I can just tell the system to find me the next available vacancy?

I'd call WDW reservations. They can look ahead on their system for open nights. Right now is spring break, it might be a while before you get in.

As a Class B camper you qualify to book a site in a partial (tent/popup/camper van) loop. Much more reasonable and usually easily available during the week. You just won't have sewer hookup but for one night shouldn't be an issue. The site has all other amenities electric, water, cable, and a concrete pad long enough for a Class B. Ahhhhh... Class B life......ya gotta love it!

Thanks! If we book a site without sewer hookup, do they have a central dump station where we could dump our tanks?

Thanks! If we book a site without sewer hookup, do they have a central dump station where we could dump our tanks?

No. The solution instead is to find a non-tent site that is empty at the moment (guest left already, new guest not yet arrived), back in, and dump the tank contents in its sewer hookup. That's what I do with my Thetford cassette toilet on my Aliner.

Bama Ed

PS - and good luck on your search.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts