Best Way To See the Hollywood Sign

jhaig

Not The First To Pass This Way
We are planning our first ever California trip in August 2018. Would like to find a way to see the Hollywood sign up close, either by horseback, hiking, or even by helicopter. What are your experiences with either the horseback or helicopter tour? Is there a hike from Griffith Park, where we could see the observatory and then hike up to the sign afterwards?

I’m a local and I don’t know much about helicopter tours, but I’m sure there are some if you cough up the money. In my opinion, the best and most cost-efficient experience is hiking, starting from the observatory. You cannot hike “up to the sign” as it is trespassing and there is security.

Check out this website https://web.archive.org/web/20170606054138/http://hollywoodsign.org/hiking-to-the-sign/ that list the hikes you can do by difficulty. Make sure you get there early if you are driving, as parking can be a hassle.

Keep in mind you can get decent pictures from the observatory and the Upper levels of the Hollywood and Highland center.

I suspect very few of us locals have taken a helicopter tour of the Hollywood sign but I bet it's spectacular.

I plan on at least hiking one time but though a helo ride may kind of “plus” our first time to LA. Just wondering if 99 bucks per person is worth it.

I've also done the hike several times and the website suggested is a great one for the hike and the history of the sign. I've never done horseback or helicopter but I bet the view by helicopter is amazing! The City really should offer a "behind the scenes" tour because it's amazing up there.

I plan on at least hiking one time but though a helo ride may kind of “plus” our first time to LA. Just wondering if 99 bucks per person is worth it.

$99 sounds cheap for a helo ride. I'd consider it. Always seems kind if like a "Bachelor" tv show thing to me but would be cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!