BG at RoTR timing

Status
Not open for further replies.

lulu2

DIS Veteran
I was looking at another thread that stated BG have been gone within a minute of park opening lately at HS. Is this true? I mean I know to be there very early before park opens etc but 1 minute? Any experiences appreciated, visiting March 5 so I’m kind of up to date and have fast passes. TIA;-)

This is the thread you should follow:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...nformation-read-post-1-2-no-spoilers.3782822/
Everyone on that thread has been posting recent experiences and crowd sourcing data so that each day “the chart” is updated with the most recent times of BG distribution, gates opening, number of BG accommodated, etc.
Jump to page 341 for the chart from yesterday, today’s should be posted around 8 or 9pm EST.
based on that, it looks like Yes, regular boarding groups have been running out in 2min or less this whole past week, though backup groups have lasted ~another hour on average. You can read through the thread to figure out for yourself whether it was due to heavy crowds, decreased BG being given out, increased downtime’s or combo of these. Good luck

I was looking at another thread that stated BG have been gone within a minute of park opening lately at HS. Is this true? I mean I know to be there very early before park opens etc but 1 minute? Any experiences appreciated, visiting March 5 so I’m kind of up to date and have fast passes. TIA;-)
I would like to know also. If they are gone in one minute you would have to be there really early to be at the front of the line.

I would like to know also. If they are gone in one minute you would have to be there really early to be at the front of the line.

Actually no, you just need to be tapped into the park by 7am (or whatever the official open time is). BGs are only obtained by a “virtual queue” when you log into the MDX app once you have physically entered the park. So you are only limited by “fastest fingers” meaning how quick your internet/data connection is and how fast you can click the button before everyone else does. No line.

Edit to add: if you want to RD ANY other ride at park opening, then you should plan to be there early because they are typically letting crowds in at least 30min early and people will be lined up for other rides. But if your only goal is ROTR then you just have to be in the park before opening.

I’m going to close this one and refer folks to the thread linked in @dbb727’s post above. Post 1 and 2 are important reads for those unfamiliar with the process and it can be helpful to read a few days just to see how things are going, any latest trends, etc. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter