Bibs from Acclaim

It's been a week and my brother's email address is still "not found" when I check the registration. Is that normal? He said he was going to check the emails he got when he registered to see what they said, but of course he hasn't told me anything yet.

I had the same issue with mine using the Active link... however when I went to update my proof of time it pulled up my registration no problem at all! I wouldnt worry about it too much :goodvibes

Also, if you use the link from the email that 'doesnt work' click back on your browser when you see the error message and it will bring up your registration details - just tested it and worked fine for me

Jim is amazing to work with, seriously!!

If you are concerned that your registration didn't go through (I was in the beginning), you can email runDisney directly and they can verify that you are registered.

The other cool thing about getting your bib through Jim, is that if you are unable to do the race, you contact him and get a refund- yes, you heard me correctly, a refund!! Yes, there is a penalty fee, and you can look on his website for the schedule, but it was easy-peasy when I had to back out of January.

Highly recommend Acclaim travel, Jim is absolutely fantastic :thumbsup2

I've used acclaim travel for the tinkerbell, avengers, and wdw marathon. I've used dawn at cruise planner travels for dl half, shadow Fox for food and wine and a company that doesn't do disney races for princess. The only one I won't use again is shadow Fox. Jim stone at acclaim is the guy I talk to first if I need something and only go with someone else if he can't help out.

I haven't used them, but I've heard good things on (reputable) blogs and podcasts.

A bit of an update for the nervous ones like me. :)

Yesterday I was able to get and print DH and DS's 5K waivers just fine! I got them through Acclaim and it was absolutely no problem or issue or anything different than DS's Mile and my Half that I booked directly through rundisney.

Yay!

A bit of an update for the nervous ones like me. :)

Yesterday I was able to get and print DH and DS's 5K waivers just fine! I got them through Acclaim and it was absolutely no problem or issue or anything different than DS's Mile and my Half that I booked directly through rundisney.

Yay!

Me too! It was a bit of a relief!

can i ask if anyone has signed up for the Disney world 2016 marathon, specifically the DOPEY, through Acclaim? If so, have you received your Active.com registration yet?

I paid acclaim and they emailed me a receipt about 2 weeks ago but I have not received my active registration. Also rundisney registration check does not show me listed...so I'm kind of nervous that I'm not registered.

1. Just call them and ask.

2. I have been able to look up my registrations about half the time and all of my own personal registrations have been done, by me, through rundisney's links, LOL.

3. For DH and DS's 5K I got an email from "oao" with the email address "runwiththemouse at aol dot com".

In that email it stated "A separate email comes from “Active” under the word “Support” “Registration Confirmation” ". It went on to say "
There is a Click link on the Active Race bib Confirmation you receive that says “View your complete registration details.”
This link does not work correctly for groups. runDisney knows and is working on it."

That's a big reason I was never worried.

Now, I did get emails that same day. Have you checked your spam folder?

The email came from support at active dot com, and stated "Congratulations! You are now registered for 2015 Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend - GROUPS."

I'd scour your spam folder for that.

4. Just call Acclaim. :)

I'll be honest, I have called them a few times and they said that there were problems entering them but that was a week ago and I didn't want to stalk them. But I figured by now that they would be in the system so that is why I wanted to see if anyone else got theirs or if I am the only one. I got the original email from acclaim that said that I would get active.com later but those have not arrived - nothing in spam and i check that regularly.

Basically I did't want to call for the 6th time because I didn't want to seem crazy even though apparently I am.

Hmm.

When you say "rundisney registration check" do you mean you were online or you called? I have no idea if we can call rundisney to check (I've called them about a shirt and to tell them they need to hire me to stop the spelling errors lol, but not about registration) but it seems that would be a next step if you haven't called them yet.

Like I mentioned, only sometimes can I look up my registrations online, and that's registering it directly. Annoying.

So I broke down and called them - I feel like an idiot for pestering them because they are always so nice. Pat is awesome and that's an understatement. It turns out that it just takes them a while to get through the list of entering the data and as I suspected I'm at the end of the list because my last name starts with a "Z" -- my curse in life, haha.

btw, when I was referring to the rundisney registration check I meant the link on the rundisney site that check "am I registered"...the problem with that link is that it only applies to the general registration. For group registration the link won't work...when you click it the link takes you to active.com site and it has some "ID" in the url, but that ID is different for the various groups (such as the travel providers, etc) so if you know the group ID you can change it to that and then it will pop with the exact same looking page but now you enter your data and you can see yourself registered. Furthermore, if you know your active.com credentials - and that is freaking annoying to get right, trust me - then you can see what you are registered for, but only on one of the active.com pages. It is hard to explain in text and doubly annoying so I won't get into it,. Anyway, I was able to log into my active.com account and check that I was not yet registered for the DOPEY in 2016 disney world...but I am registered (which I knew) for the 2015 disneyland dumbo in september, so I know my account works and once Acclaim finishes entering all the people in then I should see my registration there.

Anyway, having name starting with Z is always putting me in the end of lists ... need to change my name to A or some number like 123. :)

Yes, last year for the Princess 10k. They were wonderful. No problems at all, very helpful. And unlike some other agencies, you didn't have to book a room or anything else. The price you paid was the regular RunDisney price, nothing extra.

I've never used them but have read rave reviews about Jim Stone. So this may be a repeat, but one is able to purchase the RunDisney race bibs from Acclaim and you don't have to buy park tickets or book rooms, you can just buy the race bib and it's the same price as you would find at the opening of the RunDisney registration?

And you would receive the big and your race shirt just like through RunDisney? Is it mailed or do you go through the Expo like normal?

When is this available? Do you have to wait until registration opens or can you contact Acclaim beforehand, etc? Also, how long do you have. For instance, I know some races fill up within 30 minutes, how long are the bibs available through Acclaim.? And refunds, WOW!

Like I said, I know these questions have proabably been answered, but just double checking since this sounds incredible. The wife and I plan on doing the C2C next year so want to be sure to get into both races.

Thanks all!!!!

I've never used them but have read rave reviews about Jim Stone. So this may be a repeat, but one is able to purchase the RunDisney race bibs from Acclaim and you don't have to buy park tickets or book rooms, you can just buy the race bib and it's the same price as you would find at the opening of the RunDisney registration?

And you would receive the big and your race shirt just like through RunDisney? Is it mailed or do you go through the Expo like normal?

When is this available? Do you have to wait until registration opens or can you contact Acclaim beforehand, etc? Also, how long do you have. For instance, I know some races fill up within 30 minutes, how long are the bibs available through Acclaim.? And refunds, WOW!

Like I said, I know these questions have proabably been answered, but just double checking since this sounds incredible. The wife and I plan on doing the C2C next year so want to be sure to get into both races.

Thanks all!!!!

http://patstonetravel.com/index.php

There isn't Princess info out yet.

I feel like Disney might be changing things, so don't 100% expect it to all be the same. It might be the same (same price as disney, not having to get other things), but it might not. The January marathon weekend is different this year than it was last year, same with Wine&Dine...both require a hotel reservation this year).

Apart from paying and easily being able to look up your registration (and possibly having to buy a room), everything is the same. You go to the Expo, pick up bib and gearbag and shirts, etc.

For Disneyland Half via Acclaim, you had to purchase a package which included a bib, two-day park hopper, ticket to the Anniversary party and a commemorative pin
For Tinkerbell, it was just straight up bib
For Wine & Dine and Marathon Weekend, to get a bib you had to make a minimum-stay hotel commitment.

Are the hotel and ticket prices the same as it would be going through Disney? I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row in preparation for next year! Thanks all!

Yes, and probably better because the travel agencies get some discounts (I believe).

Are the hotel and ticket prices the same as it would be going through Disney? I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row in preparation for next year! Thanks all!

They seem to be changing things up this year, so there's no way to know until the info comes out.

For Disneyland Half via Acclaim, you had to purchase a package which included a bib, two-day park hopper, ticket to the Anniversary party and a commemorative pin
For Tinkerbell, it was just straight up bib
For Wine & Dine and Marathon Weekend, to get a bib you had to make a minimum-stay hotel commitment.

Does anyone know what happens with Acclaim (or Get Travel) if I book room and bib and then want to cancel the room only and keep the bib?

Quick question for those who have gone through Acclaim or another travel provider

Do they have any kind of cancellation policy? (I know the regular registration only allows for deferral not cancellation)
I'm tentatively planning to do one of the races again in 2016/2017 but may have some schedule changes I wouldn't know until about 3 months before the race, so if they do have such a policy it could certainly make me lean towards going with them instead of directly through Disney

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts