Big Apple, Boardwalk, and Beach - Bullies and Wrap-up (The End!) (pg 44)

glennbo123

DIS Veteran
Friends, DISers, countrymen, lend me your rears. Specifically, plop them into a comfy seat in front of your computer screen and get ready to spend some time trip report reading.

:surfweb:

Hi :wave2: and welcome to the latest installment in the continuing saga of the Glennbo clan and our visits to Disney World and other exciting locations. I’m Glenn and I’ll be hosting this retelling of our most recent adventure, entitled “Big Apple, Boardwalk, and Beach”. I can tell you right up front that it was an epic trip, and it seemed like we packed about 3 years’ worth of vacationing into less than 3 weeks!

Like our last visit to Disney World, (covered in the trip report "City, Sand, and Savanna"), this trip was partly to celebrate the high school graduation of one of our children, (Marlene this time around), and has three components:

1) a trip to New York City for Marlene and her parental units (that’s where “Big Apple” came from in the TR title, but you probably already knew that),

B) a whole-family stay at Disney’s Boardwalk resort (the should-be-obvious “Boardwalk” in the title), aaaand lastly,

iii) we rounded out the whole shebang with a visit to one of our new-favorite destinations - Disney’s Hilton Head resort (you guessed it -- the “Beach” portion of the title).

As you may have noticed, the “City” was the same as last time, but we decided to switch up the other resorts for a little change of pace. Staying at the Boardwalk was new for all of us, but my wife and I visited Hilton Head last year (covered in the trip report "Keepin' it on the Downlow") and couldn’t wait to return and share it with our kids. (And I finally got smart and put the relaxing beachy part of the trip at the end, allowing some time to unwind from the excitement of Disney World!)

Let’s see, what else do I need to cover? Oh yeah, a picture of us is always a good way to start.

MK_PARTRIGHT_7363046941_zpsprg8g1wd.jpeg

That’s me on the far left. Then next to me is our oldest daughter, Lauren. In the middle is the new high school graduate, Marlene. Then our son, James, and my wife, Judy.

I’ll have a little bit of help reporting on the New York portion from Marlene, but since she wrote it after being dropped off at college, I may have to fill in some gaps. It’s been a busy summer, what can I say?

The trip occurred back in late-June/early-July. The New York City portion was from Tuesday, June 16th through Friday the 19th, and the rest (WDW and Hilton Head) occurred from Monday, June 22nd through Thursday, July 2nd.

So with that timing in mind -- yes, it was hot; yes, it was crowded; yes, people got tired, testy, and irritable. But enough about the car ride down and back, there’s much more to cover in between! So check back soon, and we’ll get started.

Once we're underway, I'll post chapter links here:

I want to be a part of it -- New York, New York
Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to...
A Bengal Tiger Yelps, and Times Square
New York Botanical Garden
Meanwhile, back in the city; and Dig Inn and Phantom
Top of the Rock - part 1
Top of the Rock - part 2
Downtown and Uptown and we Van Gogh to the Met
NYC wrap-up
Our band is on the run
And you said this wouldn't be fun - part 1
And you said this wouldn't be fun - part 2
Our Boardwalk Suite
I finally see the Now-not-so-new Fantasyland - part 1
I finally see the Now-not-so-new Fantasyland - part 2
Making a Splash (photo)
Be Our Guest
Heated Mansion
BWV Community Hall and an evening back at MK - part 1
BWV Community Hall and an evening back at MK - part 2
LIFE Update: Lauren and David's Wedding
Animal Kingdom morning - part 1
Animal Kingdom morning - part 2
The best ride photo ever
Detour to A Blanket Statement
A Jungle Trek fit for a maharajah
Harambe Market
Animal Kingdom afternoon
Our home away from home
Sanaaa
Boardwalk at Night
DHS morning - part 1
DHS morning - part 2
Sci-Fi Dine-In
Hats off to Sully
DHS afternoon
Spice Road Table
Big Shot
The Boardwalk Ballyhoo Tour
What's Up, Beaches & Cream
Afternoon Pool Time
I wish they all could be California Grills - part 1
I wish they all could be California Grills - part 2
Epcot morning - part 1
Epcot morning - part 2
Les Chefs de France
Epcot afternoon
Via Napoli
So many fireworks - part 1
So many fireworks - part 2
On to Hilton Head
Our first full day on Hilton Head - part 1
Our first full day on Hilton Head - part 2
Dine at Vine
Hilton Head sunset photos
Kayak tour
Bullies and Wrap-up

Last edited:
Glenn, thanks for the bat signal. I'm rarely here anymore, but will try and check in when I do come by. :)

Great intros, and I love the family picture! I can't believe how the kids have grown.

Cool! One of my friends is still writing trip reports here!

Can't remember- Judy count in the intro post? if so. One Judy.

I know that with each passing year, family trips become more and more precious. Can't wait to read all about your family's summer extravaganza!

:goodvibes:

Last edited:

Yay! So excited! I hope you liked the Boardwalk. We've never been to that area at all before and we are doing Yacht Club in 58 days! Can't wait to hear about it :)

I'm here! Thanks for the Bat signal. Dang your kids have grown! But you still look as young as ever. :)

Jill in CO

A Glennbo TR? OK...I'm in! :flower1: Also, when did the Dis get all fancy and stuff? And when did your kids get so big?

I am here! Loved the intro! And am amazed how tall your kids are! Soon Lauren will be the shortest of the siblings. I hope she will not be devastated. I was very grateful that @nodnol had the good manners to stop growing a couple of inches shorter than my height.

It also sounds like the whole family enjoyed Hilton Head!

Can't wait to see how the kids liked Hilton Head. My boys loved it and was upset we did go again this summer. They got Key West and Miami instead.

Can't wait to read you Boardwalk trip report, my husband and I will be staying at Yacht Club in 48 days!!! This will be our 3rd time staying at YC, last time being 2013, however, my husband is a challenged Disney fan (aka Grumpy), meaning he's my "must love Disney" work in progress!!! I've been reading every review and trip report I can get my eyes on so that this trip is near perfection since we are going without the kids...

Yay!!!
Many thanks for the batsignal! I'm hardly here what with work, kids and ........VACATION!!

I'm in, in fact I'm so in I'm typing this from the hoop de doo review ;)

Looking forward to reading more

Xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!