The Cast
Me - Julie (39)
DH - John (43)
DS1 - Mark (20)
DD - Abbey (17)
DS2 - Lewis (10)

Pre- trippie

Sunday 12 October

Alarm was set for 7.30 and I was up before everyone else as usual :lmao: I got some last minute things packed and pottered around until it was time to wake up the household. Car all packed and we were on our way ahead of schedule at 9.20 (I'd told everyone that I wanted to leave at 9.00 but actually 9.30 was the real time I wanted to go ;) )

It was a lovely sunny day although a tad cold. We had a really good drive down and stopped once at Westmorland services to stretch our legs. Arrived in Liverpool around 13.30 and found the car park easily. Some changes of shoes made we walked the short distance to the terminal and Mark could not resist a photo outside - he is a huge Beatles fan.

Cases dropped off and through security we went. My phone was picked out to be checked, not sure why, but didn't delay us too much. We had time to spare and headed to Frankie and Benny's for a late lunch/early dinner. After this we wandered round the shops and Mark bought some nice headphones. Boarded the flight at 4pm and we were off!

The flight was good and we landed in CDG to some very dull and drizzly weather :worried: Through passport control and our bags were out in a few minutes with Ezyshuttle there to greet us right outside baggage claim - fantastic service yet again :thumbsup2 I was so excited to see the Space Mountain as we approached the HNY!

Our bags were taken by the bell boy and a card given to us for us to give to reception. We'd already decided as it was late, 8.00pm by now, that we'd just get our park tickets and run to the park before going to see our rooms. Checked in and advised that the only breakfast slot for the following day was at 10.30, but not to worry, we could just go anytime. We have never, ever been questioned about our breakfast times if we're not in the right slot and it makes me wonder why they bother giving them out at all :confused3

Anyway - the receptionist was so nice, but I was just desperate to get to the parks so I just nodded and when he handed over the tickets and things I stuffed the lot in my bag and we made a run for it :rotfl:

Mark was very impressed with the bag check at the HNY that he'd never seen before and with Word of Disney. Into the park we went. It was about 8.15.

I love the decoration at the train station - it changes colour:

We rushed over to Frontierland to try for BTM but it was closed so popped into PM instead, with some photos on the way.

No ghostly heads on PM again...

By this time it was nearly time for Dreams so we got a spot at the entrance to Frontierland and got ready - Mark had never seen this so we were all excited to show him :)

Mark loved Dreams and we all agreed we'd watch this again at some point from near the centre so that he could see the full effects. Starting to feel hungry now we headed to the Village and had a combination of EOS and McDonalds and took them as takeout back to the hotel.

I'd emailed the hotel asking for inter-connecting rooms and two double beds in each room which we've had a couple of times before. I'd also asked for Midtown, so had been very happy when we were allocated Midtown, on the 8th floor. However, when we entered I could see that one of the rooms had a large bed and a sofa, instead. It was connecting with another standard room. Initially I was a bit annoyed as I didn't really want to mess around with a sofa bed to be honest. DH went down to reception to try and get it changed, but it was after 10pm by this time so couldn't really do anything, which I suppose was understandable. What did annoy me was reception telling DH that 2 double bedded rooms, inter-connecting 'did not exist'. DH told him he was mistaken as we had stayed in this set up twice previously. It seems that they had me, DH and Lewis down as in the double/double room and thought Mark and Abbey were a couple, so just one bed.

Anyway, it was late, we were all tired so we decided not to make a big deal of it and see how we got on. Actually it turned out to be handy to have a seating area and Lewis said the sofa bed was really comfy, so it all worked out ok.

I noticed that the previous tv's have been replaced with new flat screens:

Also, the safe's are much bigger than our last one - as you can see we've got a tablet, camcorder and all sorts in this. I think it would take a 15" laptop
too.

It was after midnight before we all got settled and lights out. Would anyone want to do EMH tomorrow?

Great start Julie. It is lovely to see all the kids together again on the photos :lovestruc. It looks like they are all having a great time. Pleased to hear Dreams was a hit with Mark too :thumbsup2.

Shame about the mix up with the rooms but I'm glad to hear you found the sofa bed OK in the end.

Looking forward to reading more when you get the chance.

PS - love that first pic of Mark & Lewis at the NBC Mayor's head photo prop - their eyes look almost spooky! :lmao:

Aw great you have started :-D

Such a long day but so exciting... Love your photos what a lovely family you have <3

Loving your nodding away to receptionist as you race to the park in your head.

Looking forward to more :-D

What a shame about the rooms - we were on the 5th floor a few days before you and we had a 2x double bed room that interconnected - I'm assuming to another room the same.
We had the bunky old fuzzy TV though!

Great start Julie. It is lovely to see all the kids together again on the photos :lovestruc. It looks like they are all having a great time. Pleased to hear Dreams was a hit with Mark too :thumbsup2.

Shame about the mix up with the rooms but I'm glad to hear you found the sofa bed OK in the end.

Looking forward to reading more when you get the chance.

PS - love that first pic of Mark & Lewis at the NBC Mayor's head photo prop - their eyes look almost spooky! :lmao:

The room turned out to be fine. I like that photo too - spooky :)

Aww Julie you may have me a little a excited :cool1::cool1:
Great start !!!
X

Glad this has got you in the mood :cool1:

Aw great you have started :-D

Such a long day but so exciting... Love your photos what a lovely family you have <3

Loving your nodding away to receptionist as you race to the park in your head.

Looking forward to more :-D

Thank you - yes the receptionist just kept talking and all I could think was 'give me the tickets, give me the tickets!' :lmao:

What a shame about the rooms - we were on the 5th floor a few days before you and we had a 2x double bed room that interconnected - I'm assuming to another room the same.
We had the bunky old fuzzy TV though!

It all worked out fine in the end - I was just a bit peeved that we had a sofa bed... How was your trip, did you have a good time?

What is your secret Julie? Its younger looking you're getting and the boys are gone so alike!
Great start :thumbsup2
The decorations look brilliant too. Im off for a read of day 2 :goodvibes

What is your secret Julie? Its younger looking you're getting and the boys are gone so alike!
Great start :thumbsup2
The decorations look brilliant too. Im off for a read of day 2 :goodvibes

:rotfl::rotfl: There's no secret :rotfl::rotfl: Lewis is like a clone of Mark at that age - they are so alike in so many ways.

The park was stunning - loved all the decorations and the ghosts shrieking was hilarious :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter