Big Thunder Down Next Week

Just 11 days for routine maintenance. Just for the future, there is no time of a year when they don't shut things down to work on them. Though they do seem to be shutting down an inordinate amount of attractions this summer for some reason. Pirates, Indy, Big Thunder, Matterhorn, Pinocchio, and the Tiki Room. I'm sure I missed something in that list, was Dumbo back open before summer?

Just 11 days for routine maintenance. Just for the future, there is no time of a year when they don't shut things down to work on them. Though they do seem to be shutting down an inordinate amount of attractions this summer for some reason. Pirates, Indy, Big Thunder, Matterhorn, Pinocchio, and the Tiki Room. I'm sure I missed something in that list, was Dumbo back open before summer?
Were Indy and Pinocchio already down, or is that something planned for the coming months?

Anyone know when is Matterhorn and big thunder back up?
The previous poster said 11 days for Big Thunder. Matterhorn is anybody's guess. I'm hoping only a month or so, but who knows!?

Last edited:
Were Indy and Pinocchio already down, or is that something planned for the coming months?

Indy was down mid June, Pinocchio will be down for a week or so same time Matterhorn goes down.

Matterhorn is anybody's guess. I'm hoping only a month or so, but who knows!?

Matterhorn page says fall, so probably at least 2 months though I would not be surprised if it was closed until November.

I’m sad too. My husband can’t go on the Incredicoaster and I can’t take the Matterhorn—so BTMRR is our coaster experience a DLR. We’ll have fun anyway!

The previous poster said 11 days for Big Thunder. Matterhorn is anybody's guess. I'm hoping only a month or so, but who knows!?
Thank you.

It needs it. The ride has been down CONSTANTLY this week (but it’s been an amazing tool to get multi experience passes as I just posted in the maxpass tips thread).

It needs it. The ride has been down CONSTANTLY this week (but it’s been an amazing tool to get multi experience passes as I just posted in the maxpass tips thread).
That was a decent bet even back in Mar! It desperately needs some work!

Anything was a decent bet on Wednesday - Splash, Space, Indy, Jungle, Haunted Mansion, and Snow White all down at 2pm...it was not a good afternoon, and the lines in the evening. ETA, that's all I SS - Thunder might have been down too. We gave up and went swimming.
Screenshot_20180711-140242_Disneyland Lines by TouringPlanscom-COLLAGE.jpg

When exactly is Big Thunder going down? We will be there tomorrow through Tuesday.

I must have missed POC and Indy being closed. What are the dates?

I must have missed POC and Indy being closed. What are the dates?

They already were closed in June. Indy for about 5 days and PotC reopened after its refurbishment early June. But the fact that they were closed at all during the summer along with other attractions now and coming up just seems like so many for such a busy time of year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!