Big Thunder ride twice and Fast Pass.

Would someone please explain riding twice and also where they move wheelchairs to? I don't remember any of this when we took my cousin who uses a wheelchair on this ride a couple years ago. She couldn't walk, only transfer.

Would someone please explain riding twice and also where they move wheelchairs to? I don't remember any of this when we took my cousin who uses a wheelchair on this ride a couple years ago. She couldn't walk, only transfer.
there are two toad area, one has the wheelchair load area where wheelchair load the other one dose not, so ( I forgot if it is even or add) number of trans they will unload at the other side leaving some ( most of the time people that can not transfer and have to be picket up by a family member without there wheelchair if the wheelchair can be moved they some times do this

there are two toad area, one has the wheelchair load area where wheelchair load the other one dose not, so ( I forgot if it is even or add) number of trans they will unload at the other side leaving some ( most of the time people that can not transfer and have to be picket up by a family member without there wheelchair if the wheelchair can be moved they some times do this

Hi, dizneefan13 and gap2368.

I didn't know there were two loading areas. I knew the regular queue was one loading area. The wheelchair loading area for me at the main exit heading into the attraction followed the left wall all of the way to the enclosed area for wheelchairs.

I am not sure about mobility scooters.

275-2-1024x768.jpg

The photo above is the inside showing the far left wall and the short wall containing those using a wheelchairs and guests. At the far end is where they let you enter the exit area after the rest of the guest exit and the other guests on the other side of the track load. And you enter one of the last vehicles of you need the vehicle that is made for wheelchair users to transfer by sliding onto the seat. I can't see two tracks in the photo, but you can see the guests on the other side of the track that is from the regular queue.

If you want to read some more about this, I posted similar photos and information on another website and from Sue.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/how-to-board-rides-when-you-can’t-walk-far.3777518/post-61232664

In December 2019, I went with a group with Tagrel's and that is how the Disney cast member guided us. There wasn't a rope or chain separating the wheelchair area from the regular guests exiting. There was a wooden wall about three feet high. On the far left, you can see the wheelchair area, but you can't see on the other side of the wall is an exit for other guests.

So in the photo above, starting from the far left is the main wall, the wheelchair area, the non-pictured walkway exit, then one track, then the center regular queue for that track. Then the center ramp that comes down to the main floor and I guess they choose the left or right side for the two different tracks. All you can see in the photo are the other guests waiting to load. But behind them is the long center ramp that guests walk down from the main entrance. If my memory is correct, I think that is what I saw.

My limited understanding was the Disney cast member said I would half to stay on the attraction ride twice because I couldn't exit the other side. So I had to ride twice in the same vehicle until I arrived on the same side that I entered so that I could reach my wheelchair.

I didn't know before that the roller coaster alternated tracks and that is why I had to ride twice.

At least that is what happened last December 2019.

Last edited:
RaySharpton, thanks for the great explanation! I am pretty sure that this is where we got onto the ride. I don't remember riding twice. We will be there in 8 days. I can't wait!

RaySharpton, thanks for the great explanation! I am pretty sure that this is where we got onto the ride. I don't remember riding twice. We will be there in 8 days. I can't wait!
If you have a mobility device ( beside a Cain ) this is where you will get on if you use a wheelchair or ECV the CM will move it for you I would let the CM know if you can not walk and you need your device at the unload area for you if you have a power chair I think you are more likely to ride twice have a great time on your trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!