Bike Questions

disneyjr77

DIS Veteran
We're excited to finally be heading to the Fort in 2021 :) We're looking at a premium site and are going to take our bikes for getting around.

We have a lock to lock all 3 of our bikes up while we're at the parks, so we're covered there. What else do we need? What about lights? Would it be weird to get a cover because of the rain or do people just use trash bags?

You need to have lights (front & rear) if you'll be riding them after dark. Also, anyone 16 or under is required by FL Law to wear a helmet. We have a cover for ours, to keep them from getting too wet.

I have lights, front and back, and use a medium size trash bag to cover seat and helmet. Trash bag is one of those with “strings” to keep it in place.
have fun!

Awesome, thanks! I didn't even think about shower caps 😲 or a trash bag with the tie things and was actually wondering what if it gets really windy.

I'm assuming there are bike racks by the main areas...boat launch, food, park bus, etc? Would we even need them for the boat launch and Pioneer Hall if we're in a premium site?

Awesome, thanks! I didn't even think about shower caps 😲 or a trash bag with the tie things and was actually wondering what if it gets really windy.

I'm assuming there are bike racks by the main areas...boat launch, food, park bus, etc? Would we even need them for the boat launch and Pioneer Hall if we're in a premium site?
Yes, bike racks at all those places. Depends which premium loop you get. Here is a map (2100 is now full hook up), you can see that the some are closer to the boat launch and some are closer to the Meadows.

986f1f5236e67b41c0909f815a9ee14e.jpg

Yes, bike racks at all those places. Depends which premium loop you get. Here is a map (2100 is now full hook up), you can see that the some are closer to the boat launch and some are closer to the Meadows.

View attachment 467232

Thanks :) We didn't realize there were so many premium loops, we thought they were all on the side of the pool closer to the water. Maybe we'll switch to preferred.

Bike racks all over, the fort is our very favorite place to take our bikes! Last year when we were there we biked over to Wilderness Lodge, hopefully that is still an option I know they were doing some building. Love, love, love biking around FW. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!