Bike Stroller?

Payroll

Earning My Ears
Has anyone brought a bike stroller with them to FW? We're considering bringing one with us for our camping trip, but we're not sure if it will be more in the way than useful.

We'd love to be able to use it at the parks in stroller mode since it's so roomy, but how difficult is it to get to and through the parks with one?

This item takes up a good bit of room with all of the other stuff we're bringing, so if it's totally impractical we'd like to know BEFORE we get there. If we don't bring it, then we probably won't bring our bikes, which means we won't need the bike rack...:D

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks,

- Mark

Great question... I was wondering the same thing! Someone out there has to have an answer for us!

ftwildernessguy:

You may have heard of a bike stroller referred to as a "rickshaw for a baby". Basically it's a 2-wheeled cart that can be attached to an adult's bike by means of a tow bar. Ours has the benefit, as many do, of being converted to a 3-wheeled push-stroller. Once converted to a push-stroller, they resemble a jogging stroller, but are somewhat larger.

Ours is a two-seater, so it's a little wide, but it's great for hauling or pushing around lots of stuff in addition to a child.

I'd love it if we could get in the park and be able to ride our bikes with the stroller attached, but I don't ever expect that to happen.

Has anyone out there brought one of these to the parks?

- Mark

We have used ours at FW (for the dog but that's a whole nother story!) and it was useful there but I've read that you can't take the bike strollers in the parks. I think the criteria they use is how far the front wheel sticks out....but I'm not sure. We just use our Maclaren umbrella stroller for the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter