Birnbaum's Guide to WDW Books

TIGGER36027

Earning My Ears
Does anyone get the Birnbaum's Guide to WDW books?
They have different varieties, one with kids, without kids, for kids, for teens.

Those are great books to help you along the way. I have been to WDW numerous times and EVERY SINGLE year I get the same book, just with new edition. This go 'round, I got WDW without kids. It tells you what to skip, what not to miss, good eats, romantic spots.

I see alot of posts where people are clueless (no offense, didnt mean it that way), and that would make a great guide to help some first timers.

Just go to your bookstore (booksamillion, waldenbooks, or amazon.com), they have it.

One funny thing, I have read that book inside and out and before everytrip, I read it again. LOL And I know it like the back of my hand, but I just have to get Disneyed!!!! :)

:)

This is also the book that I own, but I know many people LOVE their Passporter. I have a hint though, before buying a guide book, go to your local library and check out the ones that they have. It costs nothing and will help get you a bit organized.
Gerri

Another GREAT book is "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World" by Bob Sehlinger. It offers a lot of great tips and is not owned by Disney so you get all the truth. It is a big help!! The 2002 edition just hit the stores last week, so make sure to get the most current one!!

:)

I think Birnbaum's is the best guide that is offered. I can't wait until October for the 2002 edition to come out. It will help in the plannning for my trip with my girlfriend to WDW in May. I have used it before and it is a big hhelp and it gets me even more excited about going.

Mickey76:)

I'd have to respectfully disagree, we just got Birnaum's guide the other day, and while the informaition is usefull, it reads like a in depth Disney brochure, all positive spin, with no advice or warnings about some of the down side to Disney attractions. I found the unofficial guide to me far more usefull in planning. That being said, we'll take both when we go next week.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I have the same problem with the Birnbaum book reading too much like a corporate brochure. The pictures are too staged looking for my tastes. Perfect little families walking around empty parks on cloudless days with not an ounce of sweat on them. It's more colorful and easier to read than some of the others, but a little too slick for my tastes.

I love Birnbaum's Guide to WDW. I too will get the 2002 book in Oct. I get it every year. Yes, I suppose it is one big positive advertisement for Disney but that's the mood I want to be in when I read it. I can get the low down on both good and bad from the DIS and I've been often enough to already have things planned out for the most part anyway. I want that positive fix. I've bought both the regular and w/out kids addition for this year altho I did wait until it 75% off to buy the w/out since I knew I wasn't going until Oct anyway. And I too, check out the other editions from my local library.

Cheryl :bounce:

My local bookstaores offer comfortable chairs, as well as tables with chairs. I usually settle into the travel section, concentrate on the Orlando/WDW section, and browse until I find a guide book I like. My personal favorite is Rita Aero's.

Krissalee :earsgirl:

WorkNFires, I'm with you! I couldn't have said it any better :D I love the Birnbaum books. I bought my first one last spring, before our May trip. And I also bought the kids' version for my sons to look through. Now that DH and I are going to WDW alone in Dec, I am going to buy the version for adults when it comes out in Oct. :) Sometimes there's nothing better than cuddling up with a good Disney guide book, knowing I have ressies!! :D

Quick question on the new Birnbaum's guide...does it still have the coupons in the back? The last one I got was the 1996 edition and the coupons savings paid for the book.

Try bookcloseouts.com for great prices. I get three books several months ago at a fraction of the price of book stores.

Last night at Barnes and Noble I sat down on the floor with about 4 different guides- the new Unofficial, Foders, Birnbaums, and Rita Aero's. They didn't have a Passporter. After reading through them I realized that I know enough to write my own. Help me think of a title......

I, too am a fan of Birnbaums for a feel-good reading experience when I'm bored and dreaming of Disney. However, when I want a good, honest answer to an indepth question, I come to these message boards. DIS is the best source of information.

We always get a copy of Birnbaum's just to keep as a souvenir of the trip. I do think that over the years it has become more of an "advertisement" and doesn't give you the pitfalls to avoid. I remember the first time we stayed at the Contemporary in '83, and Birnbaum's said the elevators were as slow as molassis. You don't see comments like that anymore in his Disney guidebooks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter