birthday blues

rlhplus2

Earning My Ears
Hi folks! My youngest daughter will turn 5 years old just 4 days prior to our first day at Disney - do you think it'll be possible for her to get a button/badge while she's at the park even though it'll technically be her UNbirthday? :p Thanks for your input!

I've read a lot of posts on other boards where people celebrated birthdays before/after the actual day. Apparently, you don't need proof that it's your DD's birthday to get her a button. Also, if you are staying on property mentioning her birthday at check-in might result in something special. You can also mention this when making PS.

Hope this helps. Have a wonderful trip.

Kate

:D

You can definately celebrate her birthday while at wdw - watch for sibling issues though (if applicable). My 7yo was a great sport while my 5yo celebrated but it was definately hard on her.

Let the CM know when you check in that your celebrating a birthday as well as the servers at any sit-down meals you have.

I think it depends on the child if they will want to wear the button on an "un-birthday" The button does say "Today is my birthday" so my dd was very uncomfortable wearing it the day before her birthday. A cm got one for us early to be nice and after a few cm's said Happy Birthday she would reply "but my birthday isn't until tomorrow". We took off the button until the actual day.

Every child is different so give it a try and enjoy.

TJ

Appreciate the observation about the sibling rivalry tjmw2727. Turns out my other daughter will be about 10 days out from our visit to MK. That may be a problem I'd rather avoid!!!

It doesn't have to BE your bday. My dd's bday was actually the day we came home from WDW. But we did choose to CELEBRATE her bday while at WDW.

What I would suggest is, why not celebrate one child's bday one day and the other another day? That way they will each have a special day at Disney. And both of their bdays are close to your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter