Birthday dinner?

disneygal55

DIS Veteran
We will be celebrating my DS's 16th birthday during our first trip home to SSR in November. We have gone to the Rainforest in the past but want to try something different. Has anyone tried Planet Hollywood? Will a 16 year old enjoy the food and atmosphere? Any other suggestions?

This is probably too pricey for a family, but DH's birthday dinner at California Grill was wonderful. I bought a special cake for him, and watching Wishes from the Observation Deck was great!

My teens have always loved both Planet Hollywood and Hard Rock Cafe -- looking at the memoriabilia!

We just celebrated our DD 16 birthday in aug. , we booked Narcoscess at the grand floridan. I asked for a window seat, we sat right in front of the castle, i made it late so while we ate it started to get dark and the castle was changing colors. then we just finished in time to walk outside to watch the fire works and the water parade. What a great birthday celebration. :flower:

then we took a boat ride over to the polynesian and the monarail back to the GF.

We let our dd choose for her 16th, and she asked for Chefs de France. When the waiter and maitre d' heard it was her sweet 16th, they were wonderful. Sang to her, gave her a great dessert and the older gentleman maitre d' told our waiter to kiss her---the French way of course, 2 kisses on her cheeks. Mom celebrated the occasion with a glass of champagne during the meal. A perfect day! Oh, we also surprised her with a Segway Tour that morning, since you have to be a minimum of 16 to do it. Very memorable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter