BJ wholesale club gift cards

BuckeyeGirl24

Earning My Ears
is it true you can buy gift cards from BJ's without being a member?

They have $100 Disney gift cards for $95, plus we have a discover card that gets 5% back on wholesale clubs until next month. We need about $1500 to pay off our trip and I'm calculating that we could save almost $150 by buying these cards beftween the card discount and the cash back!

They have $100 Disney gift cards for $95, plus we have a discover card that gets 5% back on wholesale clubs until next month. We need about $1500 to pay off our trip and I'm calculating that we could save almost $150 by buying these cards beftween the card discount and the cash back!

I'm not sure if you need a membership to purchase them in-store but you definitely don't need one to purchase the cards online. And the $100 cards are $94.99 online ($1 cheaper than in the store). Free shipping too.

don't forget the $1.5k cap on category spend bonus

Just got the Apr-June discover 5% categories and it includes wholesale clubs again, so if you're up against the $1500 cap and can wait until April you'll have another $1500 cap to work with.

I'm not sure if you need a membership to purchase them in-store but you definitely don't need one to purchase the cards online. And the $100 cards are $94.99 online ($1 cheaper than in the store). Free shipping too.
Sweet! I had no idea!

Check the prices on BJ's. I found if you purchase $150 in Disney gift cards, its $5 cheaper if you buy the $100 card and $50 card rather than the pack of three $50 cards.

Last edited:
I went ahead and purchased 15, $100 gift cards. I paid $1425, I'll get another $70 some back from discover for 5% cash back on wholesale clubs this quarter, plus ebates has 1% back on bjs online purchases so I got $14 from that. Woohoo! $1500 worth of gift cards for roughly $1340 :)

Can someone please clarify? Is the in-store price $95 or $95.99 ??

I went ahead and purchased 15, $100 gift cards. I paid $1425, I'll get another $70 some back from discover for 5% cash back on wholesale clubs this quarter, plus ebates has 1% back on bjs online purchases so I got $14 from that. Woohoo! $1500 worth of gift cards for roughly $1340 :)

BuckeyGirl24 - Is there any way you can update when you get them - I'm thinking of ordering online, but it would be really tight against my saildate - have to wait until 2nd quarter starts :sad1:. (Were there any expedited options for shipping - like free ship to store?)

BuckeyGirl24 - Is there any way you can update when you get them - I'm thinking of ordering online, but it would be really tight against my saildate - have to wait until 2nd quarter starts :sad1:. (Were there any expedited options for shipping - like free ship to store?)

When I've purchased them in-store the price has been $95.99. Online it's $94.99.

And I ordered some on 2/9, they shipped 2/10, and arrived 2/13.
Ship-to-store and in-store pickup are not an option (or weren't a few days ago).

I will let you know!

So I just got the shipment notification today, expected delivery is the 24th. But, I actually had an issue with Discover originally declining the purchase because I hadn't used the card in over a year (we have a different card we primarily use but keep the discover for the occasional times like this where we can get 5% back on large purchases)

Without that issue, plus the presidents day holiday, im sure shipping would have happened sooner.

So I just got the shipment notification today, expected delivery is the 24th. But, I actually had an issue with Discover originally declining the purchase because I hadn't used the card in over a year (we have a different card we primarily use but keep the discover for the occasional times like this where we can get 5% back on large purchases)

Without that issue, plus the presidents day holiday, im sure shipping would have happened sooner.
Yikes! Too close for comfort for me. Will likely order what I can for this quarter and top off at a store once 2nd Q starts.
Thanks for the update!

Any confirmation of getting the Discover 5% back with buying the cards from BJs online?

Any confirmation of getting the Discover 5% back with buying the cards from BJs online?

I purchased a $100 Disney gift card to test it out, but I won't know for sure about the 5% until my statement closes on the 18th.

I'm a little worried because the merchant category for the transaction shows "Direct Marketing - Catalog Division." My Costco.com purchase appears as "Warehouse Clubs."

Can you confirm that you got the 1% back from ebates? Ebates says that it excludes gift cards on its website.

I don't use my Discover as much as other cards. Have my Netflix set up to charge to Discover so never have to remember to use the card to keep it active.

Can you confirm that you got the 1% back from ebates? Ebates says that it excludes gift cards on its website.
I bought $1600 worth of GCs from BJs online 2 weeks ago and I did receive the 1% from ebates. I also used my Discover card so I should see the 5% cashback points post next week when statement closes.

I bought $1600 worth of GCs from BJs online 2 weeks ago and I did receive the 1% from ebates. I also used my Discover card so I should see the 5% cashback points post next week when statement closes.

Yay! Would you mind trying to update when the Discover cash back posts? I am very interested in this plan. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter