Black Panther Reviews *SPOILERS! YOU’VE BEEN WARNED!*

Mr. Mickey

DIS Veteran
Just got back from black panther and wanted to see what everyone else thinks! I personally loved it and I definitely think it had one of the better marvel villains cinematic wise. What do you guys think?

The villian definitely had a lot more motivation and reasons for what he did then your typical marvel villian. I thought it was great. The visual were amazing. I think this one will get an award for production design and stuff like that. Wakanda was very detailed and very beautiful.

Even though T'challa was the main character the women still kicked some butt too. They were really good characaters.

My only complaint is the "death" scene. It had no impact because he wasn't going to die so the only question was when and how he'll be back. The audience was not buying that he was dead an hour into his own movie.

My only complaint is the "death" scene. It had no impact because he wasn't going to die so the only question was when and how he'll be back. The audience was not buying that he was dead an hour into his own movie.

Along the lines of that, it didn’t even remotely cross my mind that he was dead because not only as you pointed out was it so early, but he was in the Avengers Infinity War trailer so most of the audience knew he would live. On that regard I was a little disappointed in Dinsey since they are usually very careful with spoilers in trailers and especially with marvel. For instance *Thor Ragnarok Spoiler Incoming* in the Thor trailer when Thor is all charged up, he appears with 2 eyes but obviously in the movie this is not the case, but my point being that they went to lengths to hide that Thor loses an eye and I just don’t get why they couldn’t wait until trailer 2 for Infinity War to show T’Challa

Along the lines of that, it didn’t even remotely cross my mind that he was dead because not only as you pointed out was it so early, but he was in the Avengers Infinity War trailer so most of the audience knew he would live. On that regard I was a little disappointed in Dinsey since they are usually very careful with spoilers in trailers and especially with marvel. For instance *Thor Ragnarok Spoiler Incoming* in the Thor trailer when Thor is all charged up, he appears with 2 eyes but obviously in the movie this is not the case, but my point being that they went to lengths to hide that Thor loses an eye and I just don’t get why they couldn’t wait until trailer 2 for Infinity War to show T’Challa

Yeah that made it very obvious but even beyond that Marvel would never kill off the main hero in their very first movie and especially not the first black hero in the MCU. Would never happen.

So for that sequence I wouldn't try to act like he died like they did. When he got thrown up, follow him down and they could show him being dragged out of the water while everybody else in wakanda was thinking he was actually dead. No need to act like the audience thought he was dead.

I think it shows it was a solid movie if something like that is the biggest real complaint.

I absolutely loved Black Panther on so many levels. The acting and visual effects were fabulous as was the soundtrack. The tension around Wakanda staying hidden vs. helping to undo the negative longstanding effects of colonization and slavery for Black people was very well done and made the villain a deeper character than other Marvel villains. Ironically, my daughter’s class is doing a unit on “explorers” so the topic of colonization is timely and something we can talk about after I take her to see the movie.

I absolutely loved Black Panther on so many levels. The acting and visual effects were fabulous as was the soundtrack. The tension around Wakanda staying hidden vs. helping to undo the negative longstanding effects of colonization and slavery for Black people was very well done and made the villain a deeper character than other Marvel villains. Ironically, my daughter’s class is doing a unit on “explorers” so the topic of colonization is timely and something we can talk about after I take her to see the movie.

Are you going again but this time with your daughter?

I liked it a lot. One of my favorite things in stories is world building, and we got to see a lot of great stuff with a story set on Earth, but with lots of new things to see and explore.

Costumes: If this movie isn't up for a best costume Oscar next year it will be a shame. The costumes were gorgeous.

Music: Apparently Kendrick Lamar can do movie soundtracks. Loved all the music.

Sets: Though the city was CGI, how awesome was it to see a modern city with some grass huts built into the sides of skyscrapers? I love details like that.

Actors: I thought everyone was very well cast. I did not recognize Michonne without hair though, I don't think I'm good with faces. Anyone else think there might have been some brief chemistry between the little sister and Bucky?

Two words: battle rhinos.

Not so great things: What is up with Marvel and the villain of the week? Besides Thanos, who has really only been vaguely featured in Guardians, and Loki (who is now a fan fav), why can't any villains survive and show up again?

How fantastically fun was Killmonger? Why couldn't he live to pester our heroes another day? And did Marvel seriously not want to give Michael B. Jordan a chance to return in the future? This isn't just a problem with Black Panther though, it shows up in most Marvel movies. While I don't want Marvel to go into Batman territory (seriously Batman, how many lives would you save by just killing the Joker instead of sending him to jail time and again? Though I can't just blame Batman for that, that is most comics). But would it really kill Marvel to have a few villains escape to fight another day?

Actors: I thought everyone was very well cast. I did not recognize Michonne without hair though, I don't think I'm good with faces. Anyone else think there might have been some brief chemistry between the little sister and Bucky?

Yes! And I'm not sure how to feel about that, because I love them both but she's really young.

Not so great things: What is up with Marvel and the villain of the week? Besides Thanos, who has really only been vaguely featured in Guardians, and Loki (who is now a fan fav), why can't any villains survive and show up again?

How fantastically fun was Killmonger? Why couldn't he live to pester our heroes another day? And did Marvel seriously not want to give Michael B. Jordan a chance to return in the future? This isn't just a problem with Black Panther though, it shows up in most Marvel movies. While I don't want Marvel to go into Batman territory (seriously Batman, how many lives would you save by just killing the Joker instead of sending him to jail time and again? Though I can't just blame Batman for that, that is most comics). But would it really kill Marvel to have a few villains escape to fight another day?

They could bring Red Skull back, but I think Hugo Weaving really hated the makeup and doesn't want to do it again. Which sucks, because he was awesome.

LOVED it. I don't know if I could say anything differently than previous posters, who pretty much summed up why this is a great movie. Even better was that the theater was so packed (at 10 AM on a Sunday)! Really looking forward to seeing it again soon

I agree a bit, though really Killmonger is the only one that I would have really cared to see again. Most of the others weren't that complex to care to see again. However there is still a handful out there. As mentioned have Loki and Thanos, Red Skull could return and could easily be recast as he would often change appearances in the comics, Zemo and Abomination are simply imprisoned, Hela is the goddess of death so think she could easily be written back in. Plus with the infinity stones in play you could really do whatever you wanted and bring back characters that were definitively killed.
I did like Killmonger's death scene though and his talk about dying free instead of living imprisoned, it really fit his character. And he wasn't going to give up, he was going to fight until the death so it was really the only way to go with his character in this film for it to feel true to him.

Overall I agree that it was a great movie and think it might be my new favorite of the MCU replacing Winter Soldier. Thinking about going to see it again later this week.

To everyone talking the death of Killmonger, I leave you with this question. Doesn't the Heart Shaped Herb imbue it's takers with the power of healing?

What did she think? And did u think it was better or worse the 2nd time?

She loved it and I thought it was just as good the second time. I had some time to process some of the themes and then picked up on more examples of them when I watched it the second time. She was upset that Killmonger died - and that T'Chaka killed his father. Like others have pointed out I think Killmonger's story line was really well-developed and you could understand why he felt the way he did and the perspective of why watch as all of these terrible things happen around the world when they could have stepped in long ago. There were other little things I picked up on as well the second time. Like when Shuri says "you brought me another white boy to save" I didn't connect that the first one was Bucky until after I saw the scene after the credits...things like that.

For as good as the movie is doing in theaters, I'm actually surprised there aren't more people discussing it here!

WOW. $201 million weekend.

In 4 days, Black Panther is going to make more than the entire run of Justice League. Amazing.

Anybody ready for Wakanda Land? I can see WDI green-lighting the Armored Rhino attraction already.

WOW. $201 million weekend.

In 4 days, Black Panther is going to make more than the entire run of Justice League. Amazing.

Anybody ready for Wakanda Land? I can see WDI green-lighting the Armored Rhino attraction already.
WDW can't use Black Panther but it would be nice to see elsewhere. Black Panther is meeting in DCA.

Saw is Sunday 1pm on IMAX ATMOS with the wife and we both really liked it and will see it again with my son today (Monday) since he is off school today.

Is the Black Panther part of the Avengers (aka the Universal deal)? If not they should get it in the parks asap (Star Tours overlay after 2020) the should have the Black Panther and his little sister (a Disney Princess) for meet and greets.

Saw is Sunday 1pm on IMAX ATMOS with the wife and we both really liked it and will see it again with my son today (Monday) since he is off school today.

Is the Black Panther part of the Avengers (aka the Universal deal)? If not they should get it in the parks asap (Star Tours overlay after 2020) the should have the Black Panther and his little sister (a Disney Princess) for meet and greets.
Black Panther is part of the Avengers and cannot be used in WDW.

Black Panther is part of the Avengers and cannot be used in WDW.

Black Panther might not be usable, but that doesn't mean that Wakanda and everyone else is off limits. I guarantee they could pull off a ride that featured T'Challa's little sister and it could be a blast.

I once suggested that Disney could add Nepal to DAK with an indoor dark ride/coaster that used The Ancient One and Wong from the Dr. Strange movie. It doesn't necessarily have to have the main character in the ride for it to be successful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter